Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zkribbler

Banished

3 posts in this topic

A cool new village-building game, created by a single guy [but you'd never know it].

Both Quill18 and his mother-in-law AKiss4Luck have review copies and are posting Let's Plays. Quill18 has churned out 8 videos in three days, AKiss4Luck only 2, but IMHO, she has a better "feel" for the game.

Quill18:

[video=youtube;9gAXcREfjbQ]

AKiss4Luck [aka Eva]

[video=youtube;1qT1dBEyGKo]

In these games, both have ended up far from any river which could provide trade. IMHO, it's because both a playing on the largest possible map. I suggest you begin on a smaller one.

What are your favorite things about this game Zkrib?

The astonishing graphics, especially when you consider that they were all done by one guy.

The reasonably balanced gameplay, except things can blow up on you awfully fast--that why I emphasize: do not run out of tools!

I said above this is a village-building game. But it's really not. This is not an Anno or a Civ or a Sim City. It's a try-and-avoid-everyone-dying game.

IMHO, you should play with disasters turned off. A tornado ripping through your town pretty much means you're going to lose.

Admittedly, I haven't played the game, but those who have say it's incredibly addictive.