Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dale

WPC Minecraft 1.7.2 Server

414 posts in this topic

WPC Minecraft 1.7.2 Server!

The Minecraft server is now live. We are starting on a brand new map with a pre-built "safe" spawn zone.

This server utilises a whitelist. For access please PM Dale (me).

The Server:

Server IP address (in Minecraft add this server IP address to access): 71.19.242.210

Minecraft version: 1.7.2

Difficulty: Normal

PvP: Off

Command Blocks: Off

Mapping page (MC Overviewer is used to generate both an up to date map [every 3 hours] plus an archive map once per week): http://www.brrgames.com/BRRMinecraft/

Please ensure in your Minecraft client you set your profile to NOT automatically update! Best option is to create a new profile and set it specifically to version 1.7.2 in the options.

The Map:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13627&d=1384422752

The spawn zone is a pre-built "safe" area. The zone is well lit and fenced off to prevent mobs from spawning/entering the zone. The spawn zone contains a couple of chests, crafting table, furnace and some basic foods. If you harvest the food please ensure that you re-plant for your fellow players.

The Seed:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13626&d=1384422728

The Spawn Coordinates:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13625&d=1384422727

Enjoy and please post pics etc in this thread! :)

debug.png

seed.png

startmap.png

Edited by Dale

BTW, there's a mountain that I'm claiming!

x: 19

z: -91

It's all mine! Mwahahahaha! :p

-------------------------------------------

Horses at x,y: -124,-67

Edited by Dale

I'll be there in a few days. I've got too much to do at the moment to justify a game like Minecraft.

Nice seed.

I claim all the desert to the SE of the spawn ;) (starts about 500, 500)

Very well balanced. Only terrain not in the very close area is jungle - but when you find it, my god is it big jungle!

And, if anybody is looking for a specific terrain to resource gather in (or explore, or whatever) just PM me. I will point you to the right direction. I just don't want to ruin the exploration for others (or myself for that matter) by posting anything.

Have you found a mushroom biome? I don't need to know where or how far, I'd just like to know if you have.

For whatever reason I'm not able to open the chests or harvest the carrots at the spawn.

And I have to wait through another whole day of work before I can play it...

As for where to set up, I'm thinking that my first project might be very close to the spawn there - but staying out of Dale's way (though not sure which mountain he's claiming given that I don't know precisely how the coordinate system works).

You're not able to harvest anything because the spawn is protected, although I'm a little surprised you're not able to open chests.

My thoughts for Dale is that the spawn needs to be an area of safety, but all the useful stuff needs to be just outside the protected area. (but still within the walled area)

And I have to wait through another whole day of work before I can play it...

As for where to set up, I'm thinking that my first project might be very close to the spawn there - but staying out of Dale's way (though not sure which mountain he's claiming given that I don't know precisely how the coordinate system works).

I think it's that big one to the north. Which spot were you eying? I'm going to set up an initial spot somewhat close to the spawn to supply up before establishing something more distant (or so the plan goes) but I don't want to take your spot.

Probably the mountain and riverside cliffs directly south (I think?) of the spawn there, but I should be able to log in and check it out in about 6 hours from now.

Wow I didn't realise you couldn't harvest in the spawn!

BTW, in relation to the spawn point, this is the mountain I've started building on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13629&d=1384453231

dale.png

Probably the mountain and riverside cliffs directly south (I think?) of the spawn there, but I should be able to log in and check it out in about 6 hours from now.

Would that hill pond be far enough out of your way? That's my primary spot, I think. Though I have secondary, tertiary, and quaternary (?) locations scoped out on the map. I'll probably be on in a couple of hours.

I've fixed the spawn zone and setup the food outside.

Have at least temporarily settled about 900 squares west of the spawn - still deciding whether to stay on the "plateau" or head a little further west to where another batch of horses are.

I'll probably setup on the sandy beach due west of the spawn. For now.

Just took a look at the map.

WTF? Weird terrain formations or map tool error?

attachment.php?attachmentid=13630&d=1384468266

wtf.png

That perfectly square 'pond' in the center of those three is a little odd, too.

Map error - I've seen some of those places and they don't look like that - for instance, I think one of the errors is near my base. Plus you don't see them in full zoned out mode - only when you zoom in more.

Edited by Sharpe

Have you found a mushroom biome? I don't need to know where or how far, I'd just like to know if you have.

Yes. PM me if you want any details.

New guy found the server and logged in. Seamed nice. Told him to check out WPC.

New guy found the server and logged in. Seamed nice. Told him to check out WPC.

To make a truly private server, to stop griefing, I'll have to setup a white list.

If everyone can PM me your Minecraft login name I'll add it to the white list then when we're all on it I'll implement it.

Tapped into a little cavern. Was mining a bit of iron when I look up a bit to hit the next block when I spot an enderman. Looked back down quickly and gradually worked up enough nerve to take a screenshot. When it was gone, I took a couple of other shots from the other end of the chasm.

Chasm west.png

Chasm east.png

Ahhhhhhhhh.png

I don't think a whitelist is necessary. A blacklist at first perhaps, and then if griefing becomes a problem that the blacklist doesn't solve, turn on the whitelist.

If you do decide to go ahead with a whitelist, PM incoming.

Ya, I don't expect much in the way of issues while needing a whitelist. But, it is Spacy_Cadette if you decide to do it.