Nikolai

Europa Universalis IV - Shaping up fine

464 posts in this topic

Okay 1575, I've almost got Africa roped off from the Euros.  Portugal Allied France so I am trying to figure out how to get them in a war w/o France.  I've got 3 more empty province to settle and I got to kick Portugal out of their 4. :(

I have a OPM vassal in East Africa, that I am about to feed cores to, and another vassal Imerina that will eat the rest of Kilwa on Madagascar.  I have another OPM on the Tip of India that has a lot of cores on Vijayanagar.

I have a province settled in the Indonesian charter, but have not had time to get anything going on there yet.

rkkfOpP.png

The capture ships selection for the navy is quite powerful, I don't build any ships ATM.  I'm going to have to burn MP to spawn the printing press.  It is not spreading anywhere near me.  I lost my #1 power rank since France got it already.

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Update to 1618.  Have significant holdings in Asia trade company regions, working through east and west Africa.  Kicked the Euros out, now have to deal with the Ottoblob.

vYnStsy.png

Madurai on the tip of India is my vassal, i have 5 ATM.

i300bRT.png

I am trying to start a colony in Mexico.

0FjXv9y.png

:b:

I never went to the New World in mine.  I only colonized the Far East and Australia as I was able to cut off the Europeans from heading there for a while (though the Mamluks of all nations started colonizing over there). 

Dat France! :huh:

I popped a province (colony start) in the new world to declare on Scotland who was allied to Portugal so I could take their holdings in Africa without calling in Portugal's ally, France.  I decided to go ahead and get 5 provinces in Mexico.

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Might as well conquer the rest of Mexico since you're there.  They usually end up being a pretty strong colonial nation once you conquer the natives.  You won't ever get their trade though, which was why I went East and not West.

How is the conquest of Africa going?

Pretty good; I think that I will make it this time.  Year is 1666, I have most of East Africa under control and am working through West Africa.  Trying to keep myself out of a coalition.  Kanem Barnu and Mogadishu are my two African Vassals.

UIYMr1J.png

Vijaynagar is my other vassal who I am feeding India slowly.  Stupid Ottoblob decided to become a colonizer and he has been dropping colonies everywhere making it tough for me to take clay without making him coalition eligible.  Got a nice colony in Dale land.  Oh and my economy is doing okay.  I got the talented daughter even 6-6-5 and she is 64 now so I'm up to date in tech; got high power projection solely on having rivals, pirating and insulting them.

DoIdh5c.png

My Mexico colony is doing well, and I'm currently try to take out the remains of the Incas (first attempt was botched, I did not have coring range).  I would have been able to take more had France just beat me to them (while my troops were in transit).

Nfuju4l.png

:b:

Now the big question.  Did you remember to enable Ironman mode? :lol:

LOL, yup!  I had to get into the habit of copying the save daily to another folder and renaming it...just in case I play stupid (drunk).  I admit to save scumming as well.

I just got the live long and prosper achievement with my 6-6-5 ruler.  And no save scumming on that one. (or at least she has not had a death yet).

I feel like I should be giving an update.  Maybe I should try Discord.  Thoughts?

Here or there.  Not really much going on here anymore except spambots, but I still check.

Discord is the best place I'd say.