Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viking

new rule:no pause and no reload!

21 posts in this topic

We have to stop the using of pause and reload otherwise the games will go on for years.

Not that I'm in any games at the moment, but I definitely agree with no pausing - it causes more headaches than it cures.

I still think there should be reloads in the event of a wartime double move, should the wronged party request it.

I wholeheartly agree with this rule. I'm sick of reload here and pause there.

Did something stupid? Deal with it! Everyone does!

Can't play one turn? Queue things up! The game makes it easily possible!

Can't play several turns in a row? Get a temporary sub!

Can't play over a long time? Sorry dude, then pitboss isn't for you.

I'm not even in favor for double move reloads, Double moving should either be forbidden only in the first turn of war, or it should be used a mod to deal with it. Got double moved anyway? Don't request a reload. Double move him back!

I agree to this a million times over. If you a make a mistake it's your own problem. Pauses and reloads hold up the game.

The only caveat is the one Penry mentioned... IF, and only if, the 'wronged' party in a wartime double-move requests a reload, we can reload in that (and only that) case.

How do you Queue up Worker actions?? As we can't queue up multiple Mil Unit Moves during war, due to double moves iissues....

So, I can Have a Worker move to X tile at City Y, then build a road, Prechop a forest, move to City z, Tile J and build a cottage, then move back to City Y, Tile K to build a Mine, then go back to finish that chop and then Cottage?? All with one shift?

Does it coordinate 3 different workers, where one does one turn of a 3 turn project, then, waits for the two other workers to finish that project so that it can move and start a new project, the next turn??

Real game instance: 3 workers WrkA moves and starts to road a floodplain (3 turns to road). Start it and stop it the same turn, so that that one turn of roading has been done. The Next turn, Wrks B & C come and finish the road. This then allows WrkA to move 1.5 moves and start on a Cottage on a Floodplain (7 turn project). Then, the following turn, Wrks B & C move to join WrkA and all 3 finish the cottage the next turn. Afterwards, all 3 are free for whatever...

Can the <shift> do that??

So you want to plan and preorder the hole game in one turn :)

Naw, that would take too much time.... :rolleyes: ...just the next 20 turns, or so...

Does it coordinate 3 different workers, where one does one turn of a 3 turn project, then, waits for the two other workers to finish that project so that it can move and start a new project, the next turn??

Real game instance: 3 workers WrkA moves and starts to road a floodplain (3 turns to road). Start it and stop it the same turn, so that that one turn of roading has been done. The Next turn, Wrks B & C come and finish the road. This then allows WrkA to move 1.5 moves and start on a Cottage on a Floodplain (7 turn project). Then, the following turn, Wrks B & C move to join WrkA and all 3 finish the cottage the next turn. Afterwards, all 3 are free for whatever...

Can the <shift> do that??

I proposed to queue up actions, if you miss ONE turn. But seems someone didn't read the whole thing...

eh well I aint abiding by the rules anyways so wtf do I care :D

regards dbl move I aint got a clue what it is but meh oh well ;)

Sommerswerd diplogames have no pauses and no reloads allowed(except for server crashes ). The game moves along much more smoothly :D

I am planning a new one now... just sayin' ;)

Another game advertised with 48 hours and then going on a 12 hour timer?