Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexander

New CivRev Content for iPad

7 posts in this topic

The CivRev app is now available for the iPad at the lower price of $0.99. The app was previously much more expensive.

However, all of the game's newly-released content is only available through in-game micro-transactions.

Multiplayer Mode: Players can set up a custom match or play a quick game challenging up to three friends for world domination for $2.99.

Mediterranean Pack: Build new units and buildings for the Arabs, Egyptians, Romans and Greeks for $0.99.

Asian Pack: Build new units and buildings for the Chinese, Japanese, Mongols and Indians for $0.99.

European Pack: Build new units and buildings for the English, French, German and Spanish for $0.99.

Expansionist Pack: Build new units and buildings for the Americans, Aztecs, Russians and Zulus for $0.99.

Wonders Pack: Build four new wonders, including the Taj Mahal and the Statue of Liberty, for $0.99.

Civilization Master Bundle: Includes Mediterranean Pack, Asian Pack, European Pack, Expansionist Pack and Wonders Pack for $3.99.

I've looked around a bit and cannot actually find a list of what the new units and buildings really are. Apparently you have to download the DLC to find out? :(

If they really want people's money though, they should release a bunch of new playable civs as DLC. It worked for Civ5.

I own the game on my iPhone and while I've installed the update I haven't actually checked it out yet. I'll see if I can access it all.

Sounds good. Still, if they want my money, releasing Babylon, Persia, Carthage, the Vikings and Celts would be much more tempting than a bundle of extra units and buildings that I probably wouldn't bother building anyway.

CivRev is pretty mindless after all. It's Civ for when you're on the go and have some spare time but don't have a computer with you.

I've got it on my ipad. I occasionally play it, though it wears on me much faster than PC civ does.

I've got it on my ipad. I occasionally play it, though it wears on me much faster than PC civ does.

It wears on you. Yes, that's an accurate assessment.

I fired this up when I got home from work at 0600 this morning and was laying in bed. All the new content is paid DLC just like on the iPad. I do believe they have done some work on the graphics though. It definitely looked a bit clearer and sharper than I remember.

Any word on what's actually in the DLC? Anything worth getting?