donald23

[Pitboss] A Call to Arms - Restart

329 posts in this topic

Sorry - my return to non work internet (so I can actually play the game and even log in here to let you know I am delayed) was delayed.

I have already played my turn. If you would prefer me to AI the Civ or if someone else wants to take it over just say so.

Please don't get me wrong - I understand your frustration. However I am doing the best I can given my current RL situation. I have also said if there are less than X hours on the clock and I have not been able to get in and play - then you play your turn. Best I can do at this point in time. My job requires me to often travel on very short notice and quite a few of the places I go have either no internet (as strange as that may seem), or the internet I can access is behind the company firewall. I cannot even connect to the game behind the firewall.

Unfortunately, that was before the reload, so you need to replay.

Game is currenly paused. In the next 24 hours, when might you possibly be able to log in? Timer is about 7 hours remaining, at this time, with the game currently paused.

@ Andros, I'll be looking in here to see if your able to play tonight.

For Donald, let's throw 8 more hours on the timer (or less), so that we have a better handle for everyone's timings.

Again, I can not play on account of diplo screen.

:wall:

Will be back to play in 16 hrs.

Quote:
For Donald, let's throw 8 more hours on the timer (or less), so that we have a better handle for everyone's timings.
LOL timer is already 60+ hours in this game.

I am ready to play.. if someone is able to unpause..

Will Nugog be able play, before tbe timer counts down, in two more hours?? Should we repause??

Hey, Nugog, I was never mad at you if I was mad at all at anyone specific :)

I just did not saw the reason for pause when I promised we wont attack any of your units. Plus of course, you generously gave your permission for us to play if the timer is under 24 hours. But we still ended with pause. And this is OK I guess, despite you never asked for pause yourself. But after 7 days waiting we got the timer roll without even giving you a chance to play the turn we were waiting for 7 days. We also lost our turns. And of course, since then, we needed reload, pauses again, etc, etc. I was just generally annoyed from all the hassle and was worried for the health of the game. I've seen games which die because they get paused a lot and people cant play, reloads, etc. etc.

Now I am going to play our own turns and will repause again, so we to switch turn order - we play first and then you to have all the time you may need to play your turns.

Played our turns, paused for Nugog with ~10 minutes on the timer.

How the heck do I unpause the game?

Cause I have build queues and stuff. And did not ask for it to be paused.

Edited by Nugog

Quote:
Cause I have build queues and stuff. And did not ask for it to be paused.
This is what scandalized me most :) You did not wanted the game paused and still someone paused it.

Well - game is paused - I am blocked by diplo screens - and I will not be at home for much longer.

Seriously - please unpause the game.

If someone wants to take over this Civ I will send the password - otherwise I will do the best I can.

Well - game is paused - I am blocked by diplo screens - and I will not be at home for much longer.

Seriously - please unpause the game.

If someone wants to take over this Civ I will send the password - otherwise I will do the best I can.

I'd be happy to take over for you but I've read all the private game threads... :(

And the timer is down to Zero.

Still paused at my end

Resumed with 9 minutes on the timer

Exhale (big big exhale from my big big lungs). We went trough this turn. Well done all. Liked the spirit of all trough this.

Did SilentConfusion made his turn last turn? I think there were couple of players who did not played last turn.

Hey, Donald, do you know anything about Silent Confusion? You have the pass for Silent's Ottomans, right? Maybe you must play his turns and not let them unplayed? And if SC is around he can play your turns while you are not around too. That's team game :)

Sure, we have the passes for each other civ's. Due to me preparing for my child, I haven't looked very carefully. I'll check tonight (if I get to my own turn). I have no idea where SC is....

Seeing as SC choose a research thing, he has been online ;)