donald23

[Pitboss] A Call to Arms - Restart

329 posts in this topic

I know Nugog said he is 6 days on the road and wont be able to play. Are we pausing the game for 6 days?

I asked in the other thread is there a way to keep the game going if we - Blackadders promise to not attack any English units - just to not stop the game for all the other participants for 6 days (that would be 1-2 turns maximum at the current slow speed of the game anyway) if Nugog have his things automated. This is with having in mind I am OK with the pause too.

Currently Paused. Some things you just can not automate, like diplo, slider, etc...

The Show is o.k. with a pause. We waited so long to get back going again, that a few day wait for one player is within patience....

Stuck in a diplo screen (and it was a good one ;) ).. so can't play my turn.

Game is back up! And still paused as far as I can tell :)

I am back - can someone unpause the game please?

Maybe you should try joining the game. Despite it is paused, you can unpause it and play if you have no diplo-screen open.

Can play in 13 hrs..

Game resumed. As of this posting, about 7 Hrs and 25 Min remain on the timer...

Got past the diplo screen.. turn played..

Game is running 6hrs 40 min. on the clock.

Now what is this? We were waiting 7 days with paused game for Nugog to play just to miss our turns without Nugog actually ever logging in to the game?

First, I request reload to the last turn (1180AD) from E_T's autosave. If E_T logs in in this turn overwriting his autosave from the last turn, then please, reload to 1889's autosave from 1180AD.

Second, we need to hear from Nugog and he to say if he is going to play England before we continue with the game. I can understand the lack of joy to play the game in his situation, but for the others who would enjoy the game, and for the game itself, this is not good.

Shouldn't I have let it running?, if so then I apologize..

(I thought 20 hrs warning time should be enough..)

N.P.

The problem with England not being played still persists.

Now what is this? We were waiting 7 days with paused game for Nugog to play just to miss our turns without Nugog actually ever logging in to the game?

First, I request reload to the last turn (1180AD) from E_T's autosave. If E_T logs in in this turn overwriting his autosave from the last turn, then please, reload to 1889's autosave from 1180AD.

Second, we need to hear from Nugog and he to say if he is going to play England before we continue with the game. I can understand the lack of joy to play the game in his situation, but for the others who would enjoy the game, and for the game itself, this is not good.

I know that Nugog WILL need the game unpaused, due to diplo. Other than that, I've got no problem with a reload...

But Andros also has played, so if need be, we can back up to his autosave...

Oh, just great. E_T logged in the new turn erasing his own autosave, we are now back to 1889's autosave.

Beside the reload, can we have statement from Nugog if he is going to play or he is still OK with us playing if the timer is down to 24 hours and he is not yet played as it was the last time we discussed this?

Still, Donald, can we have the game reloaded to 1889's autosave from t1180 please?

I reloaded. It is paused. Please play what is needed, I lost track :p

Oh, great! Thanks, Donald! I will log in to see if I have diplo-screen and will ask for unpause if it is the case just to get rid of it and be able to unpause myself for Nugog when he is around to play or for myself when it is my turn to play.

OK, I have no diplo-screen, so I can unpause for you, Nugog, just say and I will unpause if you are around.

Sorry - my return to non work internet (so I can actually play the game and even log in here to let you know I am delayed) was delayed.

I have already played my turn. If you would prefer me to AI the Civ or if someone else wants to take it over just say so.

Please don't get me wrong - I understand your frustration. However I am doing the best I can given my current RL situation. I have also said if there are less than X hours on the clock and I have not been able to get in and play - then you play your turn. Best I can do at this point in time. My job requires me to often travel on very short notice and quite a few of the places I go have either no internet (as strange as that may seem), or the internet I can access is behind the company firewall. I cannot even connect to the game behind the firewall.

Edited by Nugog