Nikolai

Name the Old Game - Part III

1,242 posts in this topic

And by soon, I obviously meant a day later...

Clue 1: PC, Mid-90s

Clue 2: A game of constant choices.

What is that supposed to mean?

Not sure if that was a serious question, but from the lack of a smiley I'll assume it is :D....."You don't know jack" is the title of a game which I believe fits the clues so far....or at least clue 2 anyway...

What is that supposed to mean?

It's my guess. but Argroww is right, it was early 90's.

Ah.:) I thought Tubski suddenly had become rude, possibly drunk.;):D

Clue 3: The developers only finished 4 games during their brief existence, but I think most people would generally consider 3 of them beloved classics.

Ok, we've got crickets in here...

Clue 3: The developers only finished 4 games during their brief existence, but I think most people would generally consider 3 of them beloved classics.

Clue 4: This game had two modes of combat; one was far more detailed than the other.

Huh. Not getting anything here atm.

Clue 4: This game had two modes of combat; one was far more detailed than the other.

Clue 5: I'm running out of clues that won't give away what I consider to be a pretty well-known game. As a human, that's my diplomatic way of saying I'm short of ideas.

Then it's time for a) you give us the game and start a new, or b) you give a giveaway clue.:)

Then it's time for a) you give us the game and start a new, or b) you give a giveaway clue.:)

There may have been a clue in that little admission :cute:

Ha, interesting, the last hint gives me X-com or MOO, but since X-com has already been done, I'll go with MOO

Edit make it MOO2 for the combat clue.

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Ha, interesting, the last hint gives me X-com or MOO, but since X-com has already been done, I'll go with MOO

Edit make it MOO2 for the combat clue.

Ding! Master of Orion 2 it is. Alas, I won't get to bust out the Administrator Kimbuzi clues...

Dummit, I kept thinking of Microprose, instead of Simtex making MOO, MOO2 and MOM.

All of which would have been correct, based on your clues.

1. This 1997 game was a sequel to the original Mac only version, however the sequel was on PC and Mac....In Space. (Edit: Only it did not have a "2" in the title.)

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain (The mac prequel was just called Pax Imperia I believe)

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain (The mac prequel was just called Pax Imperia I believe)

Impressive guess or too revealing of a clue...either way you got it.

I was thinking this game was pretty obscure. Next clue was going to be a picture of the box (I have it still) with my hand over the title.

Excellent game, I only wish I'd had the chance to play the Mac Prequel....which was mean to be better, but more complex so in another way worse, from what I understood the PC/mac sequel dumbed down some parts of the game, but gave it a gfx overhaul.

I gave my copy to a friend who played it well beyond it's expected life-span until he got into WoW....he pretty much never looked back after then, but I think he still has the game somewhere.

I haven't got anything in mind so I'm willing to open the floor, but if no-one has posted by tomorrow morning (GMT) then I'll try and come up with something.