Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beta

RNG RANT! %$***!!@#$%%!!!!

22 posts in this topic

I am about to give up playing civ. :(

Over the last 24 hours, in two separate games, I have lost units to barbarian attacks that had odds of 8%, 13%, and 22%.

Then in Charisma, I thought I would be cute and take advantage of of Rob's er.. misfortunes and declared war this turn. I attacked a long bow and an archer with promoted knight and musketeers (the two MP units). The knight lost the initial battle - a 67.1% chance of victory. No problems I say, the two musketeers can easily take the wounded longbow and the archer. The first one loses an 85% chance of victory battle, and the second loses a 93.0% chance of victory.

I know these things balance out over time, but it is still frustrating when you hit a streak like this.

Maybe its time for a beer. It is certainly hot enough for one.

Thanks for letting me rant.

:beer:

ps - make sure I am not around if we have a battle to be fought in the inter-site game. My fellow Apocalypto members saw how our fortunes rose when I was off traveling. :(

Ah - lucky at love I guess.

:lol: Oh man, you are going through a bad streak aren't you? Go have a beer and cool off.

Then come back ready and raring to play again. You know you can't just leave. Civ4 is in your blood. :D

Oh, and I was wondering if you were planning on attacking Rob this turn, after seeing those units near his land. I figured there was an even chance you were either going to attack him or gift him those units to fight me (of course if you had gifted musketeers I kind of would have figured out who the benefactor was even if I hadn't seen them. ;))

I've had some bad luck in Terra Incognito against barbs. Nothing on your order, but I think I had over 80% odds with one failed attack. :/

**** happens. :)

I've lost battles with a 99.9% chance of winning before. I remember very clearly thinking WHAT THE ****!!?!!?

I have yet to lose a battle in TI. Glad to see, that odds even out in other accounts. :D

Beta, yes, sometimes the Civ4 RNG has long streaks of bad luck.

The moral of the story is don't attack Rob........ :p

The moral of the story is don't attack Rob........ :p

Is Melisandre on your side? :scared:

She must be. Back to Charisma and the next turn, I won two attacks in the 98% range with rifles, and then lost an 84% chance of victory battle of a promoted longbow versus a wounded archer. The archer took no hits and then easily defeated my chariot (which I used in frustration with a 40% chance) again with no losses. This is painful.

If anyone wants to attack me in any of my other games, now would be a good time. :(

Edited by Beta

If anyone wants to attack me in any of my other games, now would be a good time. :(

:woohoo::clap::cute:

What, and risk having that bad luck transfer to us... You've got to be nuts!!

:woohoo::clap::cute:

Hey - we have a NAP!!!! :doitnow!:

What, and risk having that bad luck transfer to us... You've got to be nuts!!

As in "kooties!" ??? :lol:

Is Melisandre on your side? :scared:

Melisandre, smellisandra! I have called forth Andraste to smite my Frankish foes!

Quote:
"Let us, therefore, go against, trusting boldly to good fortune. Let us show them that they are hares and foxes trying to rule over dogs and wolves."

When she had finished speaking, she employed a species of divination, letting a hare escape from the fold of her dress; and since it ran on what they considered the auspicious side, the whole multitude shouted with pleasure, and Boudica, raising her hand toward heaven, said:

"I thank you, Andraste, and call upon you as woman speaking to woman*... I beg you for victory and preservation of liberty."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andraste

Unless and until you've lost your capital to barbs on a less than 10% chance of success attack in Terra Incognita, Mr. "I'm 1st Place in That Game", you gots nuffin' ta complain about. :p

:lol: True. :nod:

I am stomping the barbs in that game. Then again, I am using well promoted axes and impi's.(impii ???)

I have lost two scouts -I now use impi's for exploring - but no other units. I have killed 5 animals and 23 barb warriors so far. :death:

...continues. :lol::(

My rifle attacks and loses to a wounded archer at 90% chance of victory.

So - here were the 9 "battles" of Durocortorum.

Rob held it with an archer, a longbow, and an axe.

I had two musketeers and a knight in my first wave, and two rifles a longbow and a chariot in my second.

First turn

1. knight vs longbow chance= 67.1% lose

2. musketeer vs archer chance= 85.0% lose

3. musketeer vs longbow chance= 93.0% lose

Second turn

4. rifle vs axe chance= 98.7% win

5. rifle vs longbow chance= 99.3% win

6. longbow vs archer chance= 84.8% lose

7. chariot vs archer chance= 38.8% lose

Third turn

8. rifle vs archer chance= 90.3% lose

9. rifle vs archer chance= 100% win

I lost a knight, two musketeers, a longbow, a chariot and a rifle (52 strength points in total). I can hardly wait for the odds to even themselves out somewhere down the road. :D

Edited by Beta

I can hardly wait for the odds to even themselves out somewhere down the road. :D

I'm not attacking you until after they do. :scared:

For the record...I've captured four of Rob's cities and lost a grand total of one cannon and one redcoat. :D

The cannon was the very first attacker against the first city and still had a 70% chance to win. The redcoat was during one of my sneak-around attacks on a city I didn't take. Lost with a 40% chance while trying to attack from a ship.

I'm not attacking you until after they do. :scared:

:stupid: :roflmao:

I'm hoping for the RNG curse to be carried over to ACtA... :cute: