Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arnelos

Substitutes Needed in 2 Pitboss Games

22 posts in this topic

So, I'm getting married this coming weekend and will be on my honeymoon the following week. I'm going to need substitutes to cover my positions in Newb Bashing Fun (where I have taken over for the position of "the newb") and Terra Incognita where I took over for another player and pretty much immediately lost his capital city to the raging barbarians that caught most of the players by surprise!

I've already got a substitute (Kloreep) who can cover for my positions in Endymion and The Med, but he can't cover me in the above 2 games because he's also in those as another player.

Please let me know if you might be interested in taking over for either of those spots.

Terra Incognita is super super easy (I'm down to 1 city desperately trying to starve-build an archer before the barbarians finish me off - and I don't trust the AI not to screw that up!).

Newb Bashing Fun would be more time consuming. There are only 4 players, I'm basically in 2nd place, and the game has made it to the early medieval era.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Unless you get someone that wants to play both I can probably take over Newb Bashing Fun for a week (assuming Artemis goes back to normal). I can't take TI though as I'm playing in it.

I'll probably take you up on the offer for Newb Bashing. I'm doing decently in that game.

Gonna be tough to find someone for Terra Incognita, though, since nearly everyone on the site is in that game.

Nugog isn't. ;) Ozzy might take over for you too (he created the Terror map...err Terra map :D).

Heh. I hadn't considered either of them, but those are very good points - both are available!

And hey - have a great wedding, and an even better honeymoon. :b:

Well... I may not need a replacement in Terra Incognita, afterall. The barbs just found my 2nd city. I have a 90% chance to survive the next 2 turns, but the prospects after that aren't looking stellar.

Congrats Arnelos!

Have a great time!

So who is Arnelos' sub in Terra Incognita?

He is, just let him surface for air and he'll be there.... :D:p

And by the by....congrats and joyfull future for you both...

Better post some pics............... :D

Uhh..not those pics. ;):scared:

I don't know if anyone is subbing for him in TI. Ozzy or Nugog could have, but I don't know if he contacted them or not.

he stated that he would have it covered.... but I think it depends on when his new wife will let him surface for air and then play...

Ozzy offered to cover for me.

I don't have Civ 4 on my bride's ipad or my smartphone, so I couldn't very well play myself.

And no, no pictures...

I have returned.

[/MacArthur]

Wedding in the aftermath of the storms knocking out power was great despite the craziness. Honeymoon in Hawaii was awesome. I may comment more later after I recover from the flight lag.

Thank you to Kloreep, Rhothaerill, and Ozzy for covering for me in my games during my absence. I really appreciate the help.

You're welcome. I didn't even rename any of your existing cities and units either (as I'm known to do to Beta on some of his vacations :D)

Not only to Beta... He is always friendly the first time he subs someone. The second time you have an empire to rename ;)

Welcome back Arne! Hope you had great time! Maybe some jealous making Hawaiian beach pic? ;)

I think he may have just appreciated my already established naming convention in that game...

Empire: Imperium de Newb

Capital: Patria Neophyti (Home of the Newbs)

Other Cities:

- Statio Morium (Outpost of Morons)

- Robus Barcalae (Bulwark of Fools)

- Ancra Stercoris (Valley of ****)

Note Over Capital: "Newbs B Here"

etc, etc, etc.

Not only to Beta... He is always friendly the first time he subs someone. The second time you have an empire to rename ;)

:lol:

You know, considering that my naming convention for cities went something like "Home of the Newbs", "Bulwarlk of Fools", "Outpost of Morons", and "Valley of S---", I wonder if Rhoth intended naming my new city "ChateaudeRhoth" to be following that convention... (i.e. Does Rhoth consider himself to be like Newbs, Morons, Fools, and S---?)

:D