BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

Silliness by the US taxman then.

You're preaching to the choir.

Gawd, what a week.

I am totally burnt out after this week. Really looking forward to 4pm! Only another hour and 15 minutes till the weekend. :)

Yay weekend! I hope you're able to enjoy it and relax some. :)

So I had to put $750 into my car yesterday. My front brakes were 99% worn. I also needed rear brakes and the valves on two of my tires were broken and in danger of failing. I can think of a lot better things I could have done with that money but I suppose having my car stop is a good thing.

Only if the situation arises, otherwise no need.

You guys have a great weekend.

Gawd, what a week.

I am totally burnt out after this week. Really looking forward to 4pm! Only another hour and 15 minutes till the weekend. :)

I'll never forget the time, years ago, when I was having lunch with a co-worker/mentor. He asked, "How are things going?" I replied, "I am so completely exhausted. I can't tell you how happy I am that today is Friday. I hope I can make it through to 5 p.m. without collapsing." He gave me a long look. "Today's Tuesday." :wall:

That's just the universe, it has an odd sense of humor.

I'm so looking forward to about 20 years from now. Kids are gone and maybe I can relax and have some free time. I swear right now if I get a 20 minute break it's a miracle. Weekends used to be when I'd spend hours gaming. Now I spend hours making sure a toddler doesn't hurt herself or my house or both.

I have friends who have kids AND play games. It's, SOMEHOW, possible.:lol:

I'm so looking forward to about 20 years from now. Kids are gone and maybe I can relax and have some free time. I swear right now if I get a 20 minute break it's a miracle. Weekends used to be when I'd spend hours gaming. Now I spend hours making sure a toddler doesn't hurt herself or my house or both.

It gets better once they hit 4. :)

Well then, I have 4 years to go. But then I'll have a bunch of little munchkins to play games with me. :D

I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm ready for this weekend to begin.

I'm spending my birthday at work. I want to be just about anywhere else. Some days aren't bad but all my bosses are around and we've got a big conference going on. Not very relaxing. At least I had last week off which really helped.

Happy umm birthday.

Thanks! Hasn't been too happy yet but I'm thinking I'll have a decent evening. :)

Tell your bosses to back the **** up, its your birthday. It will get better almost immediately, I assure you. :nod:

Finally after 8 very long months it is once again time to go camping! I will be spending 5 wonderful days away from civilization, in the blissful serenity of the Adirondacks.

D

Camping time.jpg

I'm so jealous! Enjoy the trip Dar!

Which lake do you go to?

Sigh... I was hoping for a quiet Friday free from bosses. Alas it wasn't meant to be. Also it's not great because my parent(s) are coming into town tonight and I was hoping to have a long lunch to get some stuff done around the house.

Bosses ruin everything.

Mad Max, fury road.

OK, go and see it. Don't go for the plot line (it is a Mad Max movie after all), but go because it is an amazing work of art. Really, it is.

I'll go if you give me $50.

No really, just saw most of F&F 7 and I've been burned once...