BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

Got a new match on the Adoption front. Looks like July I might be a daddy!

:D:woohoo:

Got a new match on the Adoption front. Looks like July I might be a daddy!

Good Luck GK.

:nod:

Good Luck GK - and would be nice if it was June 21 for you instead :) (though your wife would prefer May...)

So I have 7 hotels I look after. And it is budget time.

So I have 7 freaking budgets to sort out once the HM's have mangled them. Oh and the Director of Finance has just told me she will come over to Fiji on Moday to spend two days with me reviewing them.

:panic:

There goes the weekend.

:(

No paradise for you this weekend mate! ;)

Man, have I really been gone that long? :(

CONGRATS GK!!!!!!!

Wonderful gk, hope to be following along one of these days. :b:

Uno, ya, I forgot I told that story before. Such stuff is why we turned out so well. ;)

I gotta get off my ass but the coffee hasn't kicked in.

That's my thought every single day. LilNerd hasn't been sleeping well lately and I've been suffering for it. Thank gods for caffeine. I doubt I could function at all otherwise.

Coffee is good, but caffeine has little to no effect on, besides sending me to the loo. I can drink buckets of it and sleep well. Once tried caffeine pills when I was in desperate need of being awake. Was 400? 800? milligrams. Didn't work at all.

But coffee tastes great. :D

Caffeine doesn't work on people already addicted to it.

Well, it has been so since I tried my first cup a good decade ago.;) I also don't drink coffee each day, so I'm hardly addicted.:)

I love coffee. Caff doesn't get me wired or anything and I can easily drink a cup then sleep right after (I've done that with Red Bull a ton) but I feel more alert and ready after I've had my 2/3 pot I make every morning.

Vodka and Irn Bru - that's the way to do it in Scotland. Never heard of Irn Bru? Well its a bit like Red Bull but with more sugar, e numbers and additives.

I can't do regular Red Bull, too sweet. Sugar Free Red Bull is the only sugar free drink I can really stand. I've never heard of Irn Bru but thanks to the Giant Bombcast I have a twisted desire to try some Buckfast.

Just lost two more fish from my aquarium. That makes 6 in the past two weeks. I have a nasty bought of ich ravaging the tank. I'm starting to think I need a break from having an aquarium. All this death is taking a toll on me.

Gathering up tax info in preparation of reporting my income for U.S. taxes. :wall: For awhile, I couldn't find my 1099R form from my pension fund. Panic insured. :panic: Opening long ignored envelopes (until I found it).

:eek: One of the envelopes contained a check to me for $293.91; it's my health insurance rebate in compliance with Obamacare. :health: Thanks, Obama. :chili:

You have to send in a report? That's so 1900s.:p

Yeah, ours is all online too. :p

A good decade ago, we went from the system of having to log into the tax report site and accept or change the report, else we got a penalty tax. Then we went to the superior system of getting 1.5 month to look over it and if we have nothing to change, we just forget about it. If you don't do anything, it's counted as accepting.

You have to send in a report? That's so 1900s.:p

I could do it electronically IF I were inside the U.S. However, the U.S. taxman will only accept snail mail reports from outside the U.S.

Silliness by the US taxman then.

I can't do regular Red Bull, too sweet. Sugar Free Red Bull is the only sugar free drink I can really stand. I've never heard of Irn Bru but thanks to the Giant Bombcast I have a twisted desire to try some Buckfast.

From Wikipedia

In Scotland, Buckfast is recognised as the favoured drink of neds:[7][8] young males who are associated with hooliganism, casual sports clothing and stupidity.[9] Its ties to anti-social behaviour, especially with drinkers under 18 years old, have been attributed to its very high caffeine content: each 750ml bottle contains the equivalent of eight cans of cola.[10] The beverage has entered the popular lexicon with nicknames such as "Wreck the Hoose Juice",[11][12] "Commotion Lotion",[11] "Mrs. Brown",[11] "Buckie Baracas",[12] "Coatbridge Table Wine",[12] "Cumbernauld rocket fuel", and a bottle of "what the hell are you looking at?"[12]

Ah..almost makes me want to be 15 again and living in central Scotland.