BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

Thanks. Got some pro shots done last night for an updated family photo for the wall.

Well done! (Just too bad those kids got in the way. ;) ) How old is your eldest?

OK, and now back to the frozen tundra that is Syberacuse. Here's a pic of a 30+ vehicle pileup about an hour north of me:

I81 pileup.jpg

From Saturday night till Tuesday a steady northwest wind is going to pick up moisture across Lake Ontario and continually dump snow on us. Its being called a "conveyer belt of snow":

conveyer belt of snow.jpg

And just think, I've only got two and a half more months of this to go! Woo-hoo! :woohoo:

D

Ya, I am getting it at the early side here in Detroit. It is 40 degrees, fog & drizzle right now, but as the day goes on turning cold and starting to freeze up.....

Raining here today. Air is cold, wet and chilly.

So I decided to take all this week off. It's a mental health stay-cation. I have a handful of things I have to get done but otherwise I'm going to be lazy, play some games, and relax.

Relaxing this morning includes making pierogies. :D

Pierogies are a whole lotta work. Took me about 3 1/2 hours.

Found this after reading a Poly discussion. Good stuff, only need some grafitti.;):b:

1412958963_1_sm.jpeg

Pierogies are a whole lotta work. Took me about 3 1/2 hours.

But a good Pierogi is worth it.

:b:

Yeah, they came out good. Especially with the bacon cheddar mashed potato in the middle. :D

Comp breaks down for days and days and nothing happens here nor does anyone notice my absence. I wish this was a paying job.

MrsDork spoiled me this Valentine's Day. She got me a new iPad. The upgrade from a Gen 1 to an Air 2 is quite the jump. :D

She's got my Gen 1 to destroy. She already has a couple apps that are hers. We have one where she can doodle and make noise. She loves to bash away at it making puppy noises.

Now I need to get a couple games installed so I can really enjoy it! :D

73F today, grilled some steaks and had a cigar and some scotch.

It'll be a little while before we're grilling here in Syberacuse. Here's some pics of the back patio at my workplace this morning:

No cookout today.jpg

no cookout today 2.jpg

I'd say you could clean out a spot and be good to go if you really wanted a steak but those wind chills... yikes!

Day 2 of school being called off due to the cold. Today's high 2, low -19 (not including wind chill). Tomorrow being the same, perhaps 2-3 degrees warmer.

Northern Queensland is currently sandwiched between category 4 Lam and category 5 Marcia. Prayers go out to them.