BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

That's awesome. You get to use the pass too? ;)

Nah, I'm just the taxi driver.

But I have to say that its vistas like this that make me glad I took up skiing! :b:

Whiteface cloud inversion.jpg

Edited by Darsnan

The fog almost looks like snow. The division between fog and clear air is as crisp as I've ever seen.

Dale, who took that first pic? The silly bugger got the shading all wrong. ;) jk Looks great, good to be a scout, and you help make that happen. Very cool. :b:

Edited by Lancer

My New Year's resolution is to post at least once a day here. ;) A week late but better late than never.

My other resolution is actually going good so far. I've been trying to not procrastinate so darn much.

Today can be over now.

Baby woke up at 0110. At 0325 I had enough of her being awake and turned her over to my wife. LilNerd took another half an hour before she went to sleep. I got back to sleep around 0430 and was up around 0600.

So yeah, today isn't awesome. I'm tired, cranky, and still dealing with a pointless job with zero satisfaction doing essentially busy work that will never see the light of day. I really wish I could deploy. I miss Baghdad on days like this.

My New Year's resolution is to post at least once a day here. ;) A week late but better late than never.

My other resolution is actually going good so far. I've been trying to not procrastinate so darn much.

Isn't the first bold a violation of the 2nd bold ? ;)

Reminds me of one of my father's favorite sayings: "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!" ;)

Teacher friend told me last night that she got laid off the day before x-mas break. Ouch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13935[/ATTACH]

I see your -77F and raise you 113F.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13936&d=1420843345

10888765_10204386941126298_6473914900640318555_n.jpg

That's not unusual for inside a car in summer. We haven't had a day that hot outside yet this summer and hopefully we'll get through this year without changing that.

That's not unusual for inside a car in summer. We haven't had a day that hot outside yet this summer and hopefully we'll get through this year without changing that.

What do you think "Out Temp" means? What's outside.

And you might want to check your figures. 2nd and 3rd, and the 7th, have been over 40.

Back to the city today. Bleugh. Was working from home last week. I'm going to argue making it permanent arrangement. Certainly heaps better!

What do you think "Out Temp" means? What's outside.

And you might want to check your figures. 2nd and 3rd, and the 7th, have been over 40.

Where were they over 40? Because it wasn't in Melbourne. Those days were 38.8, 38.2 and 37.4 respectively.

I went to taste the sauce I was making for dinner tonight and nuked my tongue. That's the last time I try to cook before having coffee.

I see your -77F and raise you 113F.

I'm gonna pick Syracuse over Australia on this one. That's waaaaaay too hot for me. I hope it's at least a dry heat.

Nah, I'm just the taxi driver.

But I have to say that its vistas like this that make me glad I took up skiing! :b:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13933[/ATTACH]

That's beautiful. I'd gladly go deal with some -77 for that.

I think you have Kennetts disease. Melbourne != all of Victoria. For the week ending Jan 6th most of the state had a maximum high over 39c and a third over 42c.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/temp/index.jsp?colour=colour&time=latest&step=0&map=maxextrm%2Fhi&period=week&area=vc#

I had thought you were close enough to Melbourne that the temperatures in Ballarat, Mildura or Gippsland (etc) weren't relevant to this conversation.

I'm making beef goulash over mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. It's my first time trying goulash and I'm super excited for how it came out. I do think I used a touch too much of the hot paprika but so far the baby isn't complaining too much at her taste tests.

I had thought you were close enough to Melbourne that the temperatures in Ballarat, Mildura or Gippsland (etc) weren't relevant to this conversation.

We didn't spend the Christmas break in Melbourne. ;)

Took some pics while I was out at the local airport this morning. Here is a pic of the sunrise on a cool -5F morning:

Hancock sunrise.jpg

Here's a pic of a hangar in the final stages of devouring its prey:

Hancock jet repair.jpg

D

I've been there before. Similar conditions too. Those are great pics. :)

I actually looked at joining the ANG unit there back in 2008.

That looks like a good place to get on a plane.