BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

The baby refused to sleep last night and I'm dying right now. Sooooooo sleepy.

"Coffeeeee...c o f f f e e e e...."

I'm a youth leader in my church, the youth club is called YA. We've just got us some cool caps for the leader team:

1981818_10203517842683748_5015029619468608301_n.jpg?oh=2a755b5a735678996a7cdfc4d955b4fc&oe=550D6915&__gda__=1426860074_31ffe6d79d2316e30aecb1ee5306b8a4

Spelt leader wrong.

Just sayin'.

I really wish it would snow. I'm seeing all the snow up in my hometown and I'm jealous. I miss a good winter. I live too far south.

Same here. There is no real winter this part of Norway.

No of course not. Winter? Norway? Not gonna happen. :cute:

Edited by Lancer

It rains outside my window right now. Due to the Gulf Stream, you seldom get a winterly winter in this part of Norway.

Holy crap is my new PC amazing.

:chili::stupid:

BTW: I was in our local computer store last week. They had one (1) PC for sale. Who knows how long it has been sitting there.

So I didn't build my own computer for a few reasons. One of the biggest is that I'm lazy. I had a bad build a while ago that really soured me to the whole thing. By paying someone else to do it I didn't have to worry about parts not working, me doing something stupid, me having to do all the installs, etc. I waited until Black Friday and got some good extra deals because of it. I got several upgrades to components inside my PC.

My new PC has an Intel i5-4690K, a GeForce GTX 970 GPU, 16GB RAM, a 250GB SSD for the OS and my primary game, and a 1TB HDD for data storage and less intensive games. The difference from my GeForce 260 video card to this new one is amazing. Hopefully I'll be good to go for another 4 years or so with this thing.

With the help of some wood I had laying around, a clamp, and a hose (tank water not town), converted the old cubby slide from the old house into a water slide. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=13926&d=1418442676

2014-12-13 14.31.07.jpg

That's a very un-winter looking picture Dale. ;)

Kiddos look like they are having a blast.

That's a very un-winter looking picture Dale. ;)

Kiddos look like they are having a blast.

Not surprising, as it's summer down under.;)

So I didn't build my own computer for a few reasons. One of the biggest is that I'm lazy. I had a bad build a while ago that really soured me to the whole thing. By paying someone else to do it I didn't have to worry about parts not working, me doing something stupid, me having to do all the installs, etc. I waited until Black Friday and got some good extra deals because of it. I got several upgrades to components inside my PC.

My new PC has an Intel i5-4690K, a GeForce GTX 970 GPU, 16GB RAM, a 250GB SSD for the OS and my primary game, and a 1TB HDD for data storage and less intensive games. The difference from my GeForce 260 video card to this new one is amazing. Hopefully I'll be good to go for another 4 years or so with this thing.

Nice build :b:

What screen res do you use with that GTX 970?

And the daughter is now a snowboard instructor! And not only does she get paid, its a free season pass as well! :b:

D

Nice build :b:

What screen res do you use with that GTX 970?

I am running dual monitors at 1600 x 1050.

And the daughter is now a snowboard instructor! And not only does she get paid, its a free season pass as well! :b:

D

That's awesome. You get to use the pass too? ;)

I am running dual monitors at 1600 x 1050.

On such a great rig, that's a shame.;) I got two very cheap 1080p screens 6 years ago, by now it surely must be even better screens to get?

Just some random photos from Scouts on the weekend. We transferred to a group close to home.

Sorry if any come out sideways. Uploading from my phone. :p

20141214_184906.jpg

20141214_191817.jpg

20141214_192059.jpg

20141214_192251.jpg