BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

"Be quiet, woman! Can't you see there are important things going on here!?!"

My son (back right) and his friends playing Magic the Gathering at college. The girl in the room got tired of being ignored, so she drew this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13905[/ATTACH]

Nice

I thought it was nice too. Imagining a poor solitary girl overthrown by a game and drawing a not very complimentary picture of those who choose to ignore her. What fun. :nod:

Anyway Dale, over at CFC I hit them with WUWT. Now I'll wait for them to malign the site for 50 posts and duck out in the carnage. ;) The poor guys don't yet realize that global warming has abandoned them and without it the whole political structure must come tumbling down. There will always be the fanatical of course, pointing at anything that could potentially be warm or blamed for the cooling, and who needs that?

Zkrib, potato salad is in the process

Now you have them on the run Dale. :b:

Zkrib, potato salad is in the process

Ach! Now you tell me. [Lancer makes excellent potato salad.]

I thought it was nice too. Imagining a poor solitary girl overthrown by a game and drawing a not very complimentary picture of those who choose to ignore her. What fun. :nod:

Anyway Dale, over at CFC I hit them with WUWT. Now I'll wait for them to malign the site for 50 posts and duck out in the carnage. ;) The poor guys don't yet realize that global warming has abandoned them and without it the whole political structure must come tumbling down. There will always be the fanatical of course, pointing at anything that could potentially be warm or blamed for the cooling, and who needs that?

It is hard to kill religions. Just ask the Jews. ;)

I wouldn't dare ask the Jews, such stuff is a good way to get kilt. ;)

We're having some fun over there now, and Dale has outmaneuvered the local AGW crowd with their own sad, lamentable, incontrovertible, ignorance. If nothing else they will have gained from this exchange a greater knowledge of what they're on about. ;)

It wasn't that impressive. But it does show you can't discuss with an alarmist. A couple years ago they were predicting doom and gloom. Then the atmosphere stopped warming so they said the surface would fry. Then records showed the surface stopped warming and they said no we meant the oceans. Then ARGO showed the oceans stopped warming so they said actually we meant the deep oceans. This new study shows the deep oceans stopped warming.

All I asked is, if the atmosphere, surface and oceans have stopped warming then shouldn't we ask if we have the AGW theory right?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion of any AGW sort. I think we ran them off. :D

Reminds me of the fire breathing dragon in my garage bit from the "Baloney Detection Kit" by Carl Sagan... can't see the dragon? It's an invisibpe dragon. Can't feel the heat from its fiery breath? It's a mild mannered dragon...

It wasn't that impressive. But it does show you can't discuss with an alarmist. A couple years ago they were predicting doom and gloom. Then the atmosphere stopped warming so they said the surface would fry. Then records showed the surface stopped warming and they said no we meant the oceans. Then ARGO showed the oceans stopped warming so they said actually we meant the deep oceans. This new study shows the deep oceans stopped warming.

All I asked is, if the atmosphere, surface and oceans have stopped warming then shouldn't we ask if we have the AGW theory right?

I'm reading both this thread and the CFC one, and from what I see, your evidence has been summarily refuted. The oceans have not stopped warming, with people posting graphs and even your own links to agree with that.

You two use the CFC thread to post evidence that is either flimsy or doesn't back up your assertion, and this thread to congratulate yourselves on a job well done while having a laugh at your inability to convince anyone.

PiMan as I said at cfc, I can produce official graphs showing what I want to show and they can produce official graphs showing what they want.

Ack, not allowed, NOT ALLOWED!!!

Worse yet - tomorrow (Oct 11th) is 75 days until Christmas ;) - and the forecast so far for the winter in the Great Lakes region is cold and somewhat snowy ...

This Autumn has been extremely warm compared to normal. We had 20 C in early October. Normal is half of that, give or take. Heck, I saw a pic of some kids BATHING in late September.:eek: Last few days have been more normal, but it's still t-shirt and thin rain jacket weather.

It's 04:30.

I got really sick to my stomach last night. I remember bailing on last night's movie and heading for bed, but not much more. I just woke up to find myself naked. My clothes are in the bathroom, along with a chair which I apparently set beside the toilet. I've found a layer of gunk on my chest, which I interpret as having thrown up on myself. Also a spot on my bed is wet, meaning I must have thrown up there too. Can I get an "Euuuuuu!"?

I don't remember any of this. :shame: I waiting for dawn so I can get my sheets changed. [i'm feeling a-okay, now. Just a little weak and thirsty.]

Hey, you doing better Zkrib? Need to go to the hospital?

I'm just getting ready, I'm coming over to visit amigo.

It turns out I have a bacterial infection. The doc. gave me some antibiotics. I'm feeling better but I still have no desire to eat.