BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

Mortgage has been refinanced. Maybe just maybe I'll be able to stop delivering pizza by November. I can't wait to have free time again!

Its about the time I'll start training a delivery guy or three. Any tips?

Refinanced our mortgage yesterday. Only shaved $100 off the monthly but in the process we're getting a nice chunk of cash which we're using to kill off some debt. If all goes according to plan I'll be done with the whole pizza thingy by Thanksgiving.

Edit: The post a few above was a premature celebration. The real thing is in effect now. :D

Maybe not tips and ideas for training but here's a few things to look for in your drivers...

1) Make sure they aren't lazy. A delivery driver should do more than just deliver pizzas. We man the oven, we fold boxes, we help make pizza, we answer the phones, we clean, we do everything in the store when needed.

2) Make sure they aren't afraid of dogs. Not joking. I swear almost every house I deliver to has a dog that starts barking as soon as I knock on the door/ring the bell. I cannot count the number of times I had a dog run up to me or jump on me or lick me. It wouldn't be good if I was afraid of dogs.

3) Personality and appearance counts! The delivery driver is representing your business to the customer.

3) Personality and appearance counts! The delivery driver is representing your business to the customer.

bad-driver.jpg

Maybe not tips and ideas for training but here's a few things to look for in your drivers...

1) Make sure they aren't lazy. A delivery driver should do more than just deliver pizzas. We man the oven, we fold boxes, we help make pizza, we answer the phones, we clean, we do everything in the store when needed.

2) Make sure they aren't afraid of dogs. Not joking. I swear almost every house I deliver to has a dog that starts barking as soon as I knock on the door/ring the bell. I cannot count the number of times I had a dog run up to me or jump on me or lick me. It wouldn't be good if I was afraid of dogs.

Good stuff BigDork!

Definitely won't keep lazy people, it tends to be catching.

True about dogs particularly as here the deliveries are by motorcycle.

Have to get a uniform of sorts, or at least a shirt with name.

Good tips! :b:

Dogs. One of several reasons why I will never be a delivery guy.

Grrr, toilet won't stop running... going to have to get a new internal plunger tomorrow. Wondering if it will just be better to replace all the guts.

Your guts might never be the same and I'm sure you would still need a toilet.

Blake and I are off today on a one week Cub Scout camp. There'll be 3500 Cubs from around the State converging on one campsite.

So I'll be offline for the week. Since I won't be around for next week's NFL pick 'em can you put me down as Home Teams? :)

The below is what I got signed for my son at Firaxicon. The background on this is that my son still loves him some BTS, and I harass him all the time about SoD by saying things like "Are you really sure 100 units are enough in that SoD?", and he throws it right back at me with comments against 1UPT like "Are you sure you've got your units aligned right for that attack?".

So I had a Firaxian by the name of Corey write on the BTS cover "To Bryce, Cuz 1UPT Rulz!", and then I got it autographed by as many Firaxians as I could. The way I describe it is that its like writing graffiti on the Parthenon, but because its Napolean writing the graffiti, then its not quite as bad.

D

Cuz 1UPT Rulz.jpg

There's a keeper, very nice!

Somewhere between a SOD and 1UPT might be the best bet.

Grrrrr, water dripping from unknown location in basement.... think I have a cracked copper line somewhere under all the drywall. Not going to be fun.

"Into each life some rain must fall." -Mom...

Found the leak. Nail hit a copper pipe, but didn't go all the way into it. Just 95%. Well, the nail is gone, and so is that last 5% of copper. Tried to patch it, and my skills are just not up to par. Put duck tape over it and it slowed down to only 1 drip per hour - something I can live with until our plumber gets back and can take care of it right.

Blake and I are off today on a one week Cub Scout camp. There'll be 3500 Cubs from around the State converging on one campsite.

Well Cuboree has now finished. A totally awesome experience for the kids. Loved it. Now back to regular life.

Sounds great, lots of fun for the kiddos. :b:

"Be quiet, woman! Can't you see there are important things going on here!?!"

My son (back right) and his friends playing Magic the Gathering at college. The girl in the room got tired of being ignored, so she drew this.

Rather play Magic.jpg

We watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" last night.

Rigo was whistling along with the theme. Irish was humming with the sound track. Hey, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" karaoke! :lol:

(I had forgotten how good Eli Wallach was as Tuco, aka "the Ugly." That performance should have got him an Oscar.)

Arguing global warming with the froward folks from CFC, a more fruitless pursuit cannot be imagined. They completely failed to admit the error of the whole thing and quite noticeably did not graciously thank me for enlightening their rather dark and unseemly forum, to use a kind description. Bereft of grace, and personally unsightly if the picture thread is to be believed, that's all I have to say. :angry:

:snarl, grumble, sniff:

I posted in ya thread Lancer. Let's watch them froth at the mouths. :lol: