BigDork

BigDork's Random Thread of Randomness

2,690 posts in this topic

I think it just turned to who prefers guy cheerleaders over gal cheerleaders. ;) "Foot pumpkin" :lol:

I thought they don't allow cheerleaders? Or just big beefy men's men? To each their own I guess, but I prefer gals. :cute:

Dale's video there is of Rugby. They often do have cheerleaders.

I think it just turned to who prefers guy cheerleaders over gal cheerleaders. ;) "Foot pumpkin" :lol:

Melbourne Storm......

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

With the way they're branded you'd think they were cheerleaders for Hogs Breath rather than a sports team.

My son graduated from high school today. Here's a pic of him getting ready to receive his diploma (he's on the right):

JD graduation.jpg

Here's a great pic of some guys back (of course I sat in THE WORST spot to get a pic of my son receiving his diploma! :mad: )

The diploma.jpg

Here's a pic of a beachball flying thru the graduates' ranks:

Balloonfest.jpg

Seriously, there were probably 30 beachballs being batted around at one time or another during the course of the ceremony. My son says this wasn't coordinated by his class. In this day and age of texts and IMs I find that really hard to believe.....

Oh yeah, and one of the kids even flew a drone (in the red circle)!

UFO 2.jpg

Did a pretty good job of it, too! :b:

So, two kids down now, and one to go before we're done with public schools.

D

:bounce: Congratulations. 2 graduations and no convictions. Like doesn't get any better!

Congrats on your son's graduation Darsnan. :b:

With the way they're branded you'd think they were cheerleaders for Hogs Breath rather than a sports team.

I thought it might have to do with lack of dental hygiene, a warning of sorts, but their teeth look white enough. Come to think of it their smiles look almost airbrushed...

;)

Second from the right is pretty cute.

U SA ! U S A! U S A!

Amazingly the US has almost survived the group stage, almost beating Portugal as well. I'm impressed, even though i haven't seen the match, but i'll cheer for any opponent of Portugal on principle.

It was a long week of ups and downs. This week is back to normal for the most part. Had a mini vacation last week, saw my hometown AAA baseball team beat the local team, and had my tire go flat while trying to deliver pizza. Managed to sleep decently for a couple days but I'm back to my lack of sleep again today. Ups and downs.

Thank God for caffeine.

Very true, just finished a good cup of imported Starbucks. I know its a double edged sword though, and I've given up coffee on a temporary 'I'm the boss of my life' basis more times than I've given up anything else. My mother, a very wise woman, once told me while quitting something or other, "Its just another addiction" in a very passe manner. Haven't had a cup in a couple weeks until just now. :) The froward edge of the sword is of course not sleeping at night... For sleeping BigDork, try a bowl of no sugar cereal with milk just before turning in, it often helps me.

That first cup was so good I'm contemplating another, but a second anything is usually a let down. Like on a hot day after working hard that first cold beer is like paradise...the second...eh. Just another beer. :dunno:

"Good" and "Starbucks" do not belong in the same sentence.

You just put them in the same sentence. :D

Cheer is a sport all in its own here in the US (at least in the mid west, but I think it is all over). You can even have boys on Cheer squad, though it is mostly a girl thing.

They get the fancy uniforms and it is kinda aerobic exercise.... kinda.

And about as appropriate for children as pole dancing...

So, two kids down now, and one to go before we're done with public schools.

Ouch. That meanst the really expensive education kicks in? :scared:

Ouch. That means the really expensive education kicks in? :scared:

Yup - absolutely ridiculous how expensive secondary education is these days. This generation that is going to college now are either starting out life with HUGE debts, or are being completely divested of all their assets. I've already told my kids that the monies I am contributing now to their educations is their inheritance, as there won't be anything left by the time I die.

D

World Cup: US vs. Germany

If the US wins, it advances.

If the US ties, it advances.

If the US loses, it advances--unless Ghana beats Portugal by more than 2 points.

At the beginning of the second half, US & Germany are tied 0-0.

Germany has controlled the ball 2/3 of the time, taking 11 shots to the US's 2.

Portugal is beating Ghana 1-0.

Edit:

Germany has scored. There's a 1/2 hour to go.

Ghana has scored, making their game 1-1.

Edit - final scores:

Germany over US 1-0

Portugal over Ghana 2-1.

Edited by Zkribbler

Interesting... its gonna be Belgium vs United States.

Interesting... its gonna be Belgium vs United States.

True. If the US wins, Germany is one of the teams it will potentially be facing next. In their last 10 matches, Germany has won 7 times. :scared:

True. If the US wins, Germany is one of the teams it will potentially be facing next. In their last 10 matches, Germany has won 7 times. :scared:

I don't think that's true Zkribbler. The winner of Belgium v USA will play either Argentina or Switzerland in the quarter finals, probably the former. If they beat them then they'll probaly face the Dutch or the Mexicans in the semi final. Only by getting through to the final could you face Germany again.

Actually, I think we're both wrong.

You're right the next round would be against Argentina or Switz.

But IIRC, the next round could be against Germany. Let me check...

Edit:

Ack! As best I can read the FIFA schedule, you're right on everything. :(

Edited by Zkribbler

Ack! As best I can read the FIFA schedule, you're right on everything. :(

Hey, what'ya expect. He's English and a football fan. ;)

The Balloonfest festival is already under way - had a fantastic view as the balloons floated over my house this morning:

Balloonfest_2.jpg

Balloonfest_3.jpg