Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unorthodox

What do you do?

23 posts in this topic

Wife and I were settled in for the evening when we heard some banging, followed by some voices outside. Found some teenagers poking around my Chimera in the back yard. Turned on the light and they ran, no big deal. But, the noise started getting louder, and I looked to see the street lined with cars and a teenage party going on kitty corner across the street.

Then a girl screemed among other things "stop it".

What do you do?

The lone responding officer was awaiting backup when he saw me running across the street, barefoot, in my pajamas, and he just decided to follow me in the door. Yeah, it's what it sounded like.

So much for sleeping tonight.

Turn the TV up dial 999 and Ignore it too many young kids have guns or knives its just not worth it...........

Two thumbs up for Uno. :b: :b:

Btw, is "kitty corner" slang for something specific? Googling the term gives me something like "diagonally across the street", or "cater-corner" like in something with catering.

Contrarywise.

Edited by Lancer

Two thumbs up for Uno. :b: :b:

:stupid:

Thanks for getting involved.

As to what do I do- the closest I ever came to that situation I stepped out the back door with a rifle, intending to fire into the air, but closing the breech was enough to disperse the crowd.

Now that I've reached the point where men are holding doors for me at restaurants, my heroic days are over.

Good job.

Just hope you don't get sued over it is all.

:b: Unorthodox. I'll buy you a beer next time you're out this way in TX.

Good call Uno! :b::b:

In situations like this I hope (like you did mate) that people think "what if it were my daughter?"

Turn the TV up dial 999 and Ignore it too many young kids have guns or knives its just not worth it...........

You'd fit in with the rest of my neighbors. Wouldn't be my first time being on the business end of either gun or knife.

Unfortunately, it was also not the first time I broke up a rape.

Good job.

Just hope you don't get sued over it is all.

As you know, that seems to be par for the course with me and I've been sued for less. I didn't break anything on anybody this time, so we should be OK there. Helped the cop followed me in, wasn't the fight I was expecting. We got 2/3 and my wife got the plate number off the 3rd as he fled. I actually have legal counsel, uh, I guess you'd call it insurance, as well, so I'm prepared for that.

I'm actually more worried about retaliation from the kids/their friends. I do paint a big bullseye on our house for tomfoolery every October, and the kid who's house this happened at has been one that has kept his friends from acting on such urges in the past. I'm hoping he doesn't get in too much trouble, as he'd apparently tried to stop it as well and took a punch or two before we got in there. But...parents out of town, big party, and at least underage drinking (I hope that's all), there's going to be some fallout.

I think you did the best thing you could there, Uno. Well done, sir.

You can always talk to the parents on behalf of the kid and help him out a bit.

Basically, good cop/bad cop, but no cops and only the good one. Even if it doesn't do anything for him directly, just him knowing will get you the thumbs up you are probably looking for. As a teacher-in-training, this is one of the 'tricks' that they teach us to use for classroom management.

You'd fit in with the rest of my neighbors. Wouldn't be my first time being on the business end of either gun or knife.

Unfortunately, it was also not the first time I broke up a rape.

hell if guns were legal here id have shot the dude but they aint unfortunately

Most shootings are drunken-friend-on-friend, drunken-family-member-on-family-member, or family-member-mistaken-for-burglar. On rare occasion, they're neighborhood-watch-on-unarmed-passerby, and on even rarer occasion, they're used on bad guys.

Ironically here, everyone lived. Hopefully, the wannabe rapist will get to spend several years in jail thinking about what he did. So, there was no need to kill anybody.

Ironically here, everyone lived. Hopefully, the wannabe rapist will get to spend several years in jail thinking about what he did. So, there was no need to kill anybody.

Should be three of them, actually (if I read UnO's post correctly).

Wife and I were settled in for the evening when we heard some banging, followed by some voices outside. Found some teenagers poking around my Chimera in the back yard. Turned on the light and they ran, no big deal. But, the noise started getting louder, and I looked to see the street lined with cars and a teenage party going on kitty corner across the street.

Then a girl screemed among other things "stop it".

What do you do?

[...]

Hmmm... in this japanese game i once played, i chose ´join the party´...

No, but seriously, nice display of courage there, Sir.

hell if guns were legal here id have shot the dude but they aint unfortunately

Easy there, cowboy...

No, but seriously, nice display of courage there, Sir.

Indeed, civic responsibility at its best :b: