2. E_T

3. Beta :)

4. And not in last place... Rob

5. Rhoth

6. Viking

7. fed

8. Ozzy

9. Arne

Oh, goody! Looks like I'll get my pick of the Aztecs, Arabs, Holy Romans, Byzantines, Japanese, Celts, and Mongols!

Oh, goody! Looks like I'll get my pick of the Aztecs, Arabs, Holy Romans, Byzantines, Japanese, Celts, and Mongols!

Hey I won the Hyperion game with the Aztecs, starting on a peninsula with 6 usable land tiles in the fat cross and then desert for the entire rest of the peninsula. I don't knock any nation anymore. :D

I don't knock any nation anymore. :D

Ain't that the truth. :nod:

E_T - you're up!

1. Andydog - Maya

2. E_T

3. Beta

4. Rob

5. Rhoth

6. Viking

7. fed

8. Ozzy

9. Arne

And Pacal II is the first pick! :p

Endymion_Round1.jpg

(and why is the image so small?)

Is it because they are just small leaders... :p

I pick Chief Sitting Bull of the Native American Civilization, long may he sit... :D

:beta:slacker is up!

I've chosen my nation (well, my top 3) so I'll be ready when :beta: and Rob can get their asses in gear.

Slackers! ;)

How much longer should we wait for :beta: before he moves to the bottom of the list behind me? :cute:

:lol: Relax. I'm here. My wife had scheduled knee surgery today - nothing too serious - so bit of afk time.

Hmmm.. choices, choices.

I was going to go with random, but just to piss Rhoth off I'll go with:

Willem van Oranje of Dutchland! :p

:moon:

;)

****er! :p

Alright I'll piss off Viking and choose Ragnar of the Vikings...or as I like to call him...Mr. Wednesday! ;)

1. Andydog - Maya

2. E_T - Native Americans

3. Beta - Portuguese

4. Rob - Dutch Losers

5. Rhoth - Vikings

6. Viking

7. fed

8. Ozzy

9. Arne

:lol:

I see the tension is rising already, and I haven't even teabagged you yet!

:bring it:

:lol: Carthage is still out there. They were in my top 3, and the civ I thought I would be playing.

1. Andydog - Maya

2. E_T - Native Americans

3. Beta - Portuguese

4. Rob - Dutch Losers

5. Rhoth - Vikings

6. Viking - England and the pastie white Elizabeth.

7. fed

8. Ozzy

9. Arne

And, despite several selections I didn't see coming, I may yet still end up having to pick between the same couple of civs I figured I'd be picking between from the start!

England - Elizabeth

WHAT!! Not your Usual?? : o_O :

[EDIT] Oh, I see that Rhoth took your usual... someone needs to take the Kymer (Rhoths most liked Civ) then... [/edit]

:lol: Carthage is still out there. They were in my top 3, and the civ I thought I would be playing.

They were my third choice behind the Dutch and Vikings. :D

And, despite several selections I didn't see coming, I may yet still end up having to pick between the same couple of civs I figured I'd be picking between from the start!

What a pile of civIV MP has taught us is that for the most part, the civs are well balanced. That is also a function of the game being fairly well balanced, in that one trait is not over-powering.

The Maya, with financial and industrious, are often viewed as the 'best' combination, but there are a lot of very good civs out there. I struggled picking the Portuguese, as I dearly wanted a financial civ for this map. But, I have never played Joao, so I am looking forward to it.

We could have an 18 player game, and the person picking 18th would still get a decent civ.

Which makes me think - maybe we need a misfits game. Remember those. That is where there are two draws, one for draft choice, and the second, like a Xmas gift draw, as to who you will be picking for. The object then is to what you think is the weakest civ to give your 'draftee'. In this manner, you get to play those civs you would never pick. :D

They were my third choice behind the Dutch and Vikings. :D

Financial all the way. :nod: