Beta

New Pitboss game - Endymion

175 posts in this topic

Ya know I can read that. ;)

I put a bunch of time and thought into the Call to Arms and Terra Incognito maps (hope you guys like them!), so I'm a bit worn out on map making at the moment and won't do this one. On the other hand, E_T invited me to join the game, which I think I'll do.

High water level, naval civs. (I'm rolling the dice with that, in hopes that I get one of them!)

No worries Ozzy, I thought you'd be in need of a rest from painting the maps anyway. great to have you on board, and it seems you have leapfrogged me on the lineup already! ;)

No worries Ozzy, I thought you'd be in need of a rest from painting the maps anyway. great to have you on board, and it seems you have leapfrogged me on the lineup already! ;)

Welcome aboard, Ozzy

1. fed1943

2. Beta

3. Rhoth

4. Viking

5. Andydog

6. E_T

7. Arnelos

8. OzzyKP

Last place. RobWorham

O.k., I fixed this to where it reflects the actual order...

1. fed1943

2. Beta

3. Rhoth

4. Viking

5. Andydog

6. E_T

7. Arnelos

8. (Virtual Last place): RobWorham

9. OzzyKP

FINALLY got my new check card in the mail today, so I can finally buy & download BTS. I should be ready to start this game in the next 48 hours, depending on how many meetings with photographers, DJ's, and pastors my fiance wants to set up between now and then (we had to reschedule the pastor for tonight).

We want pics, Arn.

I don't really have any desire to see his pastor, but I guess some people are in to that. :cute:

Rhoth, show him your "wife's" picture... :D

I now have Civ IV with BTS installed on my machine.

I definitely need to do a refresher on how the hell Civ4 is played (been ages), but I've got it installed.

I now have Civ IV with BTS installed on my machine.

I definitely need to do a refresher on how the hell Civ4 is played (been ages), but I've got it installed.

Go to the thread,in this subforum about WePassCiv, the recent succession game http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?6401-Succession-Game-We-Pass-Civ and download the different saves and take a look at the AAR's while playing some of the turns just to get your feet wet. Also, you might get some info about play and such from the ACtA Team Threads (along with some entertainment, hopefully). That should get you going good enough.

Also, are you fully patched up?

Edited by E_T
added link

Go to the thread,in this subforum about WePassCiv, the recent succession game http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?6401-Succession-Game-We-Pass-Civ and download the different saves and take a look at the AAR's while playing some of the turns just to get your feet wet. Also, you might get some info about play and such from the ACtA Team Threads (along with some entertainment, hopefully). That should get you going good enough.

Also, are you fully patched up?

I think I'm just going to play some single player games to re-familiarize myself with the game. It's more fun that way. Sure, I won't learn as much, but I play games for fun.

As for patches, yeah... I downloaded the Steam version of BTS, so everything auto-patched itself.

It doesn't appear we are going to get any more players so lets get this thing going. :bounce:

Remember...Rob's last! :D

Hi folks. My wife and I are off on a much needed trip to NYC for 4 days. Our anniversary. :) Will get on this when I return. Thanks for your patience.

Jealous, much!

Have a great time. No rush to get this started.......

Yeah, it just means that Rob can stay in the running for "not last" just that little bit longer...

:cute:

Jealous, much!

Have a great time. No rush to get this started.......

More time to lay down some smack...

So, I've been playing BTS for the first time through a whole game now that I've installed it... yeesh there's a lot of new crap to learn (plus I have to RE-learn a lot of the old stuff, too).

Essentially, I get to play a multiplayer game as an almost complete rookie - wonderful!

Speaking of that, I've been at least trying to study up on the various civs - which is when I started to wonder how we're doing that for this game...

1. I've read that in multiplayer, you can decouple leaders from their appropriate civs and make custom combos. Are we allowing that?

2. Are we customizing the civilizations (names, etc.) or are we going with original civs only?

3. How exactly are we picking who gets to play what (and in what order)?

4. When is this going to start again?

So, I've been playing BTS for the first time through a whole game now that I've installed it... yeesh there's a lot of new crap to learn (plus I have to RE-learn a lot of the old stuff, too).

Essentially, I get to play a multiplayer game as an almost complete rookie - wonderful!

Speaking of that, I've been at least trying to study up on the various civs - which is when I started to wonder how we're doing that for this game...

1. I've read that in multiplayer, you can decouple leaders from their appropriate civs and make custom combos. Are we allowing that?

Normally not, but that depends on the game or the feelings of the other players while setting it up.

2. Are we customizing the civilizations (names, etc.) or are we going with original civs only?

Nothing that requires a mod, like the different custom flags that we had in the various past DG's. But, you can change the things in the options part after you have claimed your Civ after the game starts.

3. How exactly are we picking who gets to play what (and in what order)?

Beta had put in the first post that the civs would be a draft, with the pick order being randomized from who is playing.

And as for order, it's simo play, so no real order, but there IS an order that the players are on the "lineup". That means, once the turn is finished (either by everyone hitting EOT or the timer expires) then the EOT events occur in the order that is in the lineup. That way, if two people are just about to finsh the same wonder, the player that is before the other in the lineup order get the wonder, because they completed it first...

Things that you DO have to make sure that you follow in Order, is during time of war. As Pitboss allows there to be "Double Moves" due to being the last to play in a particular turn, then the game advances to the next turn while your online and then you can do your next turn's moves. Typically, In Pitboss games, there is a rule that you agree to follow, where if you declare on someone, during a turn, you need to follow the order of play that was done during the daclaration turn, for the entirety of the war. Several of the other Pitboss threads has more details about some of this in the parts of the thread, during the game organization phase.

4. When is this going to start again?

After Beta finishes losing the extra pounds from all of the funeral comfort foods, after his wife's Mother and Father both passed, a week apart (see A.W.O.L thread for more info), then we'll get this game going...

Edited by E_T

Sounds good. Sorry to hear about Beta's inlaws. At least that gives me time to play a little Civ IV personally and brush up on the game so it's only my 2nd or 3rd game of BTS...

Can I start next to Arne? :devil:

:cute: