Beta

New Pitboss game - Endymion

175 posts in this topic

endymion.jpg

With the wrap up of Hyperion - and congrats to Rhothaerill on a well deserved victory - a new game is proposed - the sequel - Endymion.

This will be an archipelago game - to change things up.

We can have high water level - which gives a map that looks something like this ...

arch1k.jpg

or low water level, which gives more land and looks something like this.

arch2sy.jpg

These were based on large maps with 10 civs. We can adjust accordingly. I am thinking 8 to 12 civs here.

I propose no tech brokering, and given our recent radioactive experience in Hyperion, no nukes.

Civs will be chosen based on a draft order to be determined randomly, as there are some civs better suited to water maps than others. Alternatively, we can axe those two or three civs which could provide an unfair advantage.

The turn timer will be 22 hours, thus roughly 24 hours of real time - a turn a day.

Players so far -

1. fed1943

2. Beta

Who else is game?

Okay, you twisted my arm. I'll sing...

;)

Okay, you twisted my arm. I'll sing...

;)

And do you vote high or low water level? And do you vote to leave the Portuguese and Dutch in the game, or exclude them?

Low water level. Just try and make sure it is an actual archipelago map instead of the WSIM map that was supposed to be everyone on their own area and instead we got everyone together with Zoid and me fighting over our second city location.

If I can have the Dutch then I will vote for them. Otherwise I'll vote against them. ;)

Low and no naval civs.

Count me in! :)

Low and naval civs;

Count me in :)

Now the game's gone to the dogs! :b:

Welcome Andy! :D

Lo and neutral on the naval civs.

Please leave a spot for Arnelos to possibly take, as one of the reasons that he's showed up recently was to get back into some Civ4 games...

And count me in

I sent Arne a PM about this game yesterday but he has yet to read it.

Count me in.

HIGH water and KEEP naval civs (though it looks like I could be out-voted).

So, when you say this is a Pitboss game, how does that work?

Anyhow... I probably can't start for a couple days until I can grab myself a copy of BTS and reinstall it.

Pitboss means the game is hosted by someone, in this case it is Artemis, WPC's game server. You go to MP -> DirectIP connection and input the network address link to the server (which will be provided). Then you log in to your nation and play. It will be simultaneous turns so others can log in and play at the same time as you and will sometimes move at the same time. If you're in war time then there is usually a protocol that means that the person who attacked first always goes first in the turn during wartime, and must try to play promptly to give the other player a chance to play as well.

There will also be a link to a site called Play Your Turn, which tracks the game and will show you which players have played and what the scores are, etc. Plus you can set it up so that the site will email you when there is a new turn...though with a 22 hour (effective 24) turn timer you will essentially play a turn a day. Sometimes if everyone plays promptly then you can get two or even three turns in a day, but that doesn't happen often since most of the time we have players scattered across all time zones from America to Europe to Down Under(ish). Still, the game moves fairly quickly at a turn a day pace.

Edited by Rhoth

'Ish'! Have the war of words started already! A curse of your civilization and may all your boats leak like colanders! :p

:slap::mushroom::death:

:buttdance:

I suppose I can't get too uppity (yet) since you're the one that sets up the game. :whistle:;)

Of course you can slap him already! :slap:

I can set up the game as well ;)

Of course you can slap him already! :slap:

I can set up the game as well ;)

:clap::eager:

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

:D

Are you going to play too Donald?

Slacker Beta is on vacation today so I'll update his player list for him:

1. fed1943

2. Beta

3. Rhoth

4. Viking

5. Andydog

6. E_T

7. Arnelos

Last place. RobWorham ;)

Another vacation?

P.S. From down-under (ish) the list above is upside down, so I'm top, where I should be! :p

Do we want another Ozzy Map?

And I'm changing my vote to with the Naval civs

Another vacation?

P.S. From down-under (ish) the list above is upside down, so I'm top, where I should be! :p

When is being retired NOT a Vacation??

He is on vacation just for today according to the AWOL thread. And don't worry Rob, we can change the list so that you are always at the bottom. :D

As to map, I don't mind if we have a mapmaker. Ozzy's maps seem to be interesting and well-thought-out

I'd be up for another Ozzy map. My only concern is that I don't want to wear our welcome out and he gets fed up making maps for us. If one of you guys would like to approach him it might yield better results.

Ya know I can read that. ;)

I put a bunch of time and thought into the Call to Arms and Terra Incognito maps (hope you guys like them!), so I'm a bit worn out on map making at the moment and won't do this one. On the other hand, E_T invited me to join the game, which I think I'll do.

High water level, naval civs. (I'm rolling the dice with that, in hopes that I get one of them!)

Welcome aboard, Ozzy

1. fed1943

2. Beta

3. Rhoth

4. Viking

5. Andydog

6. E_T

7. Arnelos

8. OzzyKP

Last place. RobWorham