Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lancer

WPC Server Under Assault by Skull Sucking Locust Spaliens!

39 posts in this topic

That's all I have at the moment.

Not skull sucking, power sucking.

The rest seems accurate ;)

Definitely sucking though. :nod:

So it was WPC that was having a problem these last few days? I've just moved so wasn't sure if it was my new connection or not. Spaliens you say? surely there must be a more 'believable' explanation though? ;)

Nah I'm just joking around, its all on your end El Cid. ;)

Yeah, WPC was/is experiencing problems. Locutus, Solver and I are still searching for the cause...

You guys deserve our gratitude for working as you do with the server, internet, and whatever else it takes to bring us WPC. I wish you success. :b:

Also Donald, thanks for giving us this heads up!

Head's up??? Shouldn't someone named Donald be telling us to DUCK! :cute:

His warning was sucked up by spalians from the outer zone

"skull sucking locust" is a fascinating image search.

santa-maria-della-concezione.2653.large_slideshow.jpg

Is it just me, or does anybody else see Mickey Mouse ears in Uno's picture?

So it's Disney's fault WPC crashed then?

This turns the clock back about ten yeares for me to my dial-up days...... connecting,,,,, "I'm in!"

Makes me realize I've been taking the internet for granted.

Is that the server Uno? Is that Donald, Solver and Luc in the middle? Whatever they are doing tell them to keep at it, seems to be helping. Try adjusting the rabbit ears, that always worked for me.

Nah, Loc and me are are the corpses in those side niches, after trying to find the cause of this...

Best of luck to you Solver... Seems to be working now, is that a trend or just temporary?

Ah, it's pretty mystical. The server went down several times over the last few days. Yesterday we brought it up, but didn't really do anything different from usual except talking on Skype, and it's been holding steady for almost 24 hours now. Very hard to say why. We actually have to suspect some hardware issues, power possibly, as there's nothing whatsoever to indicate anything in the logs - on all occasions it just shut down, same as if somebody had pulled the plug.

Well, you can always blame the democrats then. :D

At least it is solved for now.

Tough with the Democrats as well, the server isn't even in the States :D

Not being in the states has nothing to do with it. Blame them. I do. Why not. They probably did it somehow or another. Remember, Al Gore, a rather prominent Democrat, insisted that he invented the internet, so it all goes back to him and his party. :D

... Remember, Al Gore, a rather prominent Democrat, insisted that he invented the internet ...

Yes, I know you're joking, but this "joke" is one of my pet peeves.

What Gore really said is that he helped create the internet [i.e. by voting for it funding]. The GOP changed his verb from "create" to "invent" and then mocked him for claiming to have invented the internet.

In their rush to distort the truth, the GOP blundered right passed the obvious. The internet was invented in 1973. Gore wasn't elected to Congress until 1977. So, if they had been paying attention, the GOP would have caught Gore in an actual lie, not in something they themselves made up.