Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harovan

How can I get rid of a Civ group badge?

19 posts in this topic

I remember from Apolyton times, that every team PBEM game or similar event added a badge to my profile, so that after a while my profile was cluttered with icons of years old games. For my WPC presence I decided to change that and to display only badges of active games. That means, that the Apocalypto badge has to go. Since the team forums of that game are public now anyway, I decided just to leave the Civ group and hoped the badge would be gone as well. But not so.

So my question is, what do I have to do to get rid of it? Please. :)

As it is a reward in the forum system, it's not something that is simply turned on or off for any player. We can remove it of course, but that would mean we remove the award from you.

Please confirm that is what you want, and it will be done :)

Just leave the apocalypto group and it should remove itself.

(in your CP, under social groups I believe)

Confirmed you can leave groups from your CP, unless you are the leader...then the admins will have to fiddle with something.

yeah, he's no longer on the member list, nothing pending for a leader to do.

Checked over on the Halloween forum, seems you need an admin with member edit ebility to remove awards. It might also be showing him as ticked for the special group access for the once private forum (even though the forum itself no longer has that 'mask'), which might be the reason for the badge. Frankly, I don't know that anyone would really care if all of those went away now, that game is long since over...they served a purpose at the time.

...He is checked as "Civ5DG: Admins". I don't have a save button to change that...

No, you need super, duper moderatorship. It's usually a whole separate sign on into the server where you can edit his profile, what he can or can't see, etc.

...I need more admin powers, but I'm still surprized the masters trust me THIS much... ;)

Done good sir! :b:

...I need more admin powers...

Power corrupts.

Checkin' my badge...

Yup, still there.

To the admin in charge, I'll respectfully ask to have removed the axe reward.