13. benjpeters

14. donald23

15. ChrisiusMaximus

16. fed1943

17. Bantams

18. 2metraninja

TahDA!

17 oh Well atleast ill get nukes before metra does :D

So are the teams being assigned randomly, or are we picking from a list of randomly generated teams? Either way is fine with me, but it does seem like picking sort of defeats the whole "randomness" thing... That and it really screws over the last few guys to pick:lol: :(

It's random Sommerswerd.

The Civs will be generated randomly and the list of players generated in post 151 was generated randomly. When we get to the Pitboss lobby of the real game I will take the top Civ on the list, Uno the second, Nugog the third, all the way down to 2metra, who will take the bottom civ on the list.

Thanks for randomizing the list of players BU! :)

I claimed the Incan/Capac and played the first turn.

Was it the right thing to do?

That's great fed. This is just a test game to make sure everyone can connect to such a big game. The loading stage seems to lengthen as more players are involved and the bigger the map is. Those with slower Internet connections might struggle to connect. Better to know now than on Monday when the game kicks off (hopefully)

I'll take down this test game on Saturday evening (NZ)

Test game is up and running. Port 2065

And yes I know there are only 16 civs to choose from. Trying to get the scroll bar to get to the bottom via remote desktop is an exercise in frustration that I just couldn't manage! :arghhhhhh:

I've claimed Carthage for this test.....

Alright, are there total pitboss noob instructions?

(Haven't done pitboss since vanilla was new...)

:eek:

I'm in the dungeon at the moment, but from memory:

Start up BtS

Multiplayer

Direct IP

In the right hand (join game) pane put the following in: artemis.weplayciv.com:2065

Once you get to the civ chocie lobby select a civ that hasn't been chosen and assign yourself a password.

Play your turn.

Leave game by selecting EXIT TO MAIN MENU (not exit to desktop as this can cause some problems with pitboss occasionally)

Voila (hopefully) ;)

2. Don't forget about doublechecking the date Ozzy!! :D- Maybe just turn off score as a victory condition...

Haha, yup! I'll be careful not to make this mistake again!

I spent much of the day yesterday working on the map. I have a good concept I've started on, I think y'all will like it. It'll take some more work to execute it. It'll hopefully be ready for next weekend.

Start up BtS

Multiplayer

Direct IP

In the right hand (join game) pane put the following in: artemis.weplayciv.com:2065

Once you get to the civ chocie lobby select a civ that hasn't been chosen and assign yourself a password.

Play your turn.

Leave game by selecting EXIT TO MAIN MENU (not exit to desktop as this can cause some problems with pitboss occasionally)

Voila (hopefully) ;)

:b:

You should put in a player name. Uno or Killer Uno or some such thing.

And you will want to also make sure your firewall will allow civ4 through.

Start up BtS

Multiplayer

Direct IP

Play your turn.

Voila (hopefully) ;)

Indlela ibuzwa kwabaphambili. :b:

zulu claimed. (since someone had claimed slot 2...in the for real game I get slot 2, right? Hopefully zulu....;) )

I would love to do this but do not have access to a gaming computer during the week, and won't have for the forseeable future.

Good luck :)

Oh - crud - were we supposed to pic the civ that had the same slot as the list of players above?

Because I did not.

Sorry.

Ozzy: Thanks, looking forward to the game. :)

Nugog: It's just a test game, no problem. :)

Only 16 people can join the test game anyway. I suggest those furthest away and with the crapiest connections.....

In to the test game, and decided not to pass on the Dutchies.

I've just read your PM, Rob, so sorry for not posting earlier.

Thanks for the invitation, but my life is a bit hectic ATM, so I can't really commit to anything long term... Besides, I haven't played Civ in almost a year now.

I would love to do this but do not have access to a gaming computer during the week, and won't have for the forseeable future.

Oh sure. Lets be honest. You are lazy and you suck.

:love:

I suggest those furthest away and with the crappiest connections.....

I think I qualify on both counts..............

This looks like an interesting game setup. Too bad it's already full, so I won't blow the dust from my Civ4 box. I'll still lurk and read how it's developing.

If you're up for it I'm sure you be a sub for someone, with 18 players there's bound to be absences here and there :)

Oh sure. Lets be honest. You are lazy and you suck.

:love:

I learned all I know about Civ from my Civ III diplo game mentor ;)

This looks like an interesting game setup. Too bad it's already full, so I won't blow the dust from my Civ4 box. I'll still lurk and read how it's developing.

I'm going to need a replacement for several weeks soon, so if you're interested, mail me to my nickname at web de and I fill you in with everything you need to know. On a second thought, we may talk about you taking over permanently if you're up for it, because I have a feeling I'll be abroad this year a lot.