Penry

Terra Incognita - 18 player Pitboss game

282 posts in this topic

That's true. I'd prefer no trading as well, especially in a game with 18 participants, which could end up in a huge tech pace and be over very soon.

+1 No Tech Trading also I'd prefer no Tech Brokering as well

If people are so lame they cant tech by themselves then by all means put Espionage on so they can try steal a tech :)

I am easy with no tech trading as well, for the reasons metra raised.

(in which case, please oh please great godz of civ give me a financial leader..... :religion: )

:cute:

Poor Rob is probably pulling his hair out right about now. The analogy of 'herding cats' comes to mind. :)

+1 for No Tech trading...

And +1 to the all powerful RNG Godz... I make my supplications to you and sacrifice a fatted calf unto thee that you might bless me, your humble servant, with a FIN leader:)

I vote for no tech training also. :b:

I'm also against double moves. They lead to combat which favours he who is able to be at his PC at the right time, rather than favour he who applies superior strategy. I don't think that establishing turn orders during war will lead to overly complex situations - we're all mature enough to establish a fair order of play that shouldn't slow things down too much methinks. :)

Someone's going to have to run down proper pitboss procedures for us noobs when this goes live. (unless there's no longer proper ways to enter/exit the game or whatever)

Will do Uno, I'll add that to the tracker OP too! :)

I just a PM from Sommerswerd regarding the random seed on reload. This option WILL be ticked in this game. Having it unticked can apparently lead to a huge exploit!

I just a PM from Sommerswerd regarding the random seed on reload. This option WILL be ticked in this game. Having it unticked can apparently lead to a huge exploit!

Wonder if it's that same one from vanilla I reported oh so long ago...

(no, I won't go into it as that one can effect PBEMs as well)

Wonder if it's that same one from vanilla I reported oh so long ago...

(no, I won't go into it as that one can effect PBEMs as well)

Very Likely and I think I know what it is, but like all exploits, I don't care....

Just emailed to Ozzy

Ozzy,

Hello again! How's the map going?

I'm not sure if you've received my previous email regarding the settings for this game, if you have can you please note that there has been a slight change:

No Tech Trading : Ticked

It was deemed that having 18 civs potentially trading away would speed the game up too much and result in a drastic shortening of the usefulness of military units etc. Now everyone is praying for a finincial civ...... ;)

Hope this won't effect the map making process too much.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. When you've completed the map, could you please send it to artemis tatada weplayciv toddytodtod com so it can be hosted asap.

Also, please note, I'll set up a trial 18 player game on Artemis when I get back from the dungeon today, just to make sure that everyone can get online and connect OK!

I'll post the port number when it's up! :)

I've just emailed Locutus to ask if he can set the game up when OzzyKP has finished with the map, ready for kickoff on Monday 23rd January. I advised him of the current settings status and told him that the final settings list would be PM'd to him by Friday evening (NZ)

Here are the latest settings:

BeyondTheSword game rules

Map Size - Huge

Start Era - Ancient

Game Speed - Normal

Difficulty level - Monarch

Simultaneous turns - ticked

Take over AI - ticked

No tech trading - ticked

New random seed on reload - ticked

All victory conditions - ticked

Turn timer - 48 hours

Right then, all we need know is for someone to generate the random sequence for the players involved:

http://www.random.org/

Buster, care to do the honours again? :)

Sure.

I'm gonna regret this, but sure.

(Buster is my niece.)

:lol:

A bad habit I picked up in my years in the kitchens. Everything gets abbreviated down to one sylable (preferably) or one word (max)

Time is of the essence in that industry...... ;)

On order - 3 chux, 2 beef, 1 tart, 1 veg.......

So, I need to find the list and run it throught the randomizer you linked in Call to Arms? Now, or later?

Here's the list (in order of sign up)

Rob

2metraninja

Viking

Zoid

ChrisiusMaximus

fed1943

benjpeters

Sommerswerd

Rhothaerill

Beta

Nugog

Bantams

donald23

andydog

Harovan

Unorthodox

Kloreep

raf0485

Here's the link to the list randomizer

http://www.random.org/lists/

As for timing, any time before Friday evening (NZ) would be great. I'll leave it up to your sense of dramatic timing.......

Test game is up and running. Port 2065

And yes I know there are only 16 civs to choose from. Trying to get the scroll bar to get to the bottom via remote desktop is an exercise in frustration that I just couldn't manage! :arghhhhhh:

I've claimed Carthage for this test.....

Seems ok, I stil have to reinstall every time, claimed Byzantine.

:lol:

A bad habit I picked up in my years in the kitchens. Everything gets abbreviated down to one sylable (preferably) or one word (max)

Time is of the essence in that industry...... ;)

On order - 3 chux, 2 beef, 1 tart, 1 veg.......

I thought the tarts were hanging 'round the bar... :cute:

Edited by Zoid

I claimed the Incan/Capac and played the first turn.

Was it the right thing to do?