Penry

Terra Incognita - 18 player Pitboss game

282 posts in this topic

That is indeed too bad, that would make it awesome :) This is "just" very great! ;)

OK, the list of hardy adventurers so far:

1: Rob

2: 2metraninja

3: Viking

4: Zoid

5: ChrisiusMaximus

6: fed1943

7: benjpeters

8: Sommerswerd

9: Rhothaerill

10: Beta

11: Nugog

12: Bantams

13: donald23

Unsure about their intentions:

1: Calanthian

2: GeoModder (x)

Those unable to venture forth:

1: Strudo76

2: godking

Still to hear from:

1: E_T

2: Kloreep

3: Andydog

4: Metaliturtle

5: Amarriner

6: Provisoori

7: Conmcb25

8: Unorthodox

9: Harovan

10: N35t0r

11: Mike_WPC

Anyone else I might have overlooked?

Edited by Penry

Sorry, just posted here because you requested it in the PM.

I have no intention to play in a Civ4 MP game.

Thanks Geo! Just wanted to make sure I understood your intent. :)

Looks amazing! And thanks for the invite Rob! Please count me in! :cool::b:

re no mods agree 100%

re map maybe a earth map that comes with the game e18 perhaps

I'd be uber eager to play an 18 player earth map Bantams, but this game is an unknown everything game! :)

Maybe the next 18 player game we organise.....

I still need to know about the turn timer.

Most of you know how funky my schedule gets at times................

EDIT - the tech trading thing - I would PREFER No tech Brokering, but can live with No Tech Trading if that is what everyone else wants.

Re Mods - if it is a long standing - known to be stable mod - I have no issues with it.

I can also live without the no double move rule if need be.

Everything else - RANDOM button for me.

I appreciate what fed says, but I always play pitbosses to the bitter end, no quitting, no matter what RL stuff comes up... and Turnorder rules are just something I am so over:). They just cause the game to stall out and break down constantly with the pauses, so if we are playing with Turnorder, then I won't be playing this one.

I really want to play a smooth, pauseless, reloadless, ruleless game. No pauses, reloads, arguments over interpreting the rules, etc, just play.:)

FYI, E_T is moving and has limited internet access.

I appreciate what fed says, but I always play pitbosses to the bitter end, no quitting, no matter what RL stuff comes up... and Turnorder rules are just something I am so over:). They just cause the game to stall out and break down constantly with the pauses, so if we are playing with Turnorder, then I won't be playing this one.

I really want to play a smooth, pauseless, reloadless, ruleless game. No pauses, reloads, arguments over interpreting the rules, etc, just play.:)

Sommerswerd, why don't you play your turn in "A call to Arms" ???

I'll try to explain myself better (English is just my 4th language and I was never good in languages):

The "double moves" and "fast moves" I do not play with are just the "ladder trick" in a war,i.e., to

click faster and in the good computer moment, to battle,or avoid battle or reinforce before your opponent.

Actually it's the core of the ladder games.

I used to play some ladder games and I know what fast-moves are, they are considered a virtue at the League and I am quite good at them, but it is only a way of achieving a double- move and they dont have real implementation in a pitboss, while double-moving is quite powerful and applicable in a pitboss games. Some veterans even call the double-moves "the bane of pitboss games".

We must make clear - how you usually handle intentional or unintentional double- moves? Are they forbidden or allowed and perfectly legitimate? If they are forbidden, when they occur, how you handle them? Reload and warn on the offender? Or? Are Double-moves allowed if no fighting occurs during them? Or?

I'd say that double moves are perfectly okay when you're not at war. As soon as war starts for that player, double moves are out and the one that moved first on the DoW turn, moves first for the entire war.

I can live with double moves always being ok.. Just something to keep in mind and of course take advantage of. My opponents will as well in that case ;)

Oh, double- moves while in peace are out of question - they are something normal, but I am speaking about war double- moves - what is the general sentiment over here? How they are handled if they occur - reload or what?

I reserve the right to change my mind if the game doesn't fill up before then. ;) But, count me out for now, I think.

I'm sure I'll regret that decision, but... if this game really fills up to 18 players (strict condition), I'm in.

Oh, double- moves while in peace are out of question - they are something normal, but I am speaking about war double- moves - what is the general sentiment over here? How they are handled if they occur - reload or what?

reload, yes. But I prefer the rule that you have half the turn timer to move, if you don't your opponent is free to (double)move. This is fair imo since you can effectively not move until it's too late for your opponent and the turn rolls.

Strict anti-double move rules are a source of frequent stops in games with a lot of players.

In DoF the game host let's the players solve it themselves. First off: the rule is still the same: no double rules. But it is not enforced by the game host.

It is always published in the thread and it is up to the players to take counter measures.

In DoF the top dogs have spoken against it, and as far as we can see it has effect. Still it happened a couple of times.

Furthermore the half time rule as Zoid described is also used (also in alliance wars).

Yeah - half - timer rule can work out quite well if the turn timer is extended during war to something like 40 hours.

I can play with or without double-moves, I just need to know beforehand and plan accordingly :)