Kloreep

I've caught the BUG

11 posts in this topic

After BTS Unaltered Gameplay in Final Frontier Plus, I went ahead and installed it for BTS single player. It makes some really nice additions, I plan to run with it from now on. :b: And the cool thing is, it's fully compatible in single player; you aren't locked out of other people's saves and they aren't of yours. (Though, you will see some grayed-out options that you can only enable with a much less compatible .dll mod added on. But even just the basic feature set is fantastic.)

BUG Mod

(I know, I know, I'm years late to this party. :p But I figure maybe others are too. :))

Yeah, I like a few of the screens and the arrows to cycle though the cities without enering them is good, too.

All the best mods are using it now....there's more too, BUG was the first, but I think there's also BULL (can't remember what it stands for) and another one too....although as per my Windows 7 thread I like mods that DO change gameplay, hence my current fascination for Caveman2Cosmos.

My Windows blocks your link,i.e., I can read but not download.

So, I downloaded and installed the last BUG from CivFanatics. But I can't go on with a previous game

while the Mod is loaded.

Fed: If you installed it as a mod, then yes, I imagine you'll have to specifically start games with it.

There's an option on the installer I downloaded to put it directly in CustomAssets, meaning it will be used for all single player games.

All the best mods are using it now....there's more too, BUG was the first, but I think there's also BULL (can't remember what it stands for) and another one too....although as per my Windows 7 thread I like mods that DO change gameplay, hence my current fascination for Caveman2Cosmos.

BULL is the altered DLL that enables more features in BUG. Sounds nice, but it also means you have to start worrying about compatibility issues. :/

Ah.....ooh...wasn't the other one BAT or something? (BUG, BAT and BULL....the Civ 4 zoo of mods)

If I recall correctly there's also a mod that pure speeds up gameplay, nothing else

A lot of things that have been meshed together as one whole package. Things like different adviser screens (F-key screens) some that you can customize for information that you need to know but not having to look at every city. And there is a set of right/left arrow buttons that allows you to cycle though your cities, without entering the city screens, showing surrounding terrain, etc.

Some of the BUG stuff does NOT require you to have a modded .DLL file, some others enhanced features, do require that .DLL. But you get a LOT of functionality with the "basic" version.

Some of my favorite features:

On-screen progress indicators of next GG and next GP :b:

Option to be notified whenever a city grows :b:

Option to be notified whenever an AI is willing to strike a certain category of deal :b:

Ability to sort units in the military advisor by more categories than just type - e.g. can sort by orders (improve land/fortify/sentry/awake), promotions, etc. And can set the sorting at two levels, e.g. "sort by orders then by type." :b:

That's all without the .dll, BTW; and the non-DLL version (BUG alone, as opposed to adding BULL on top of BUG) can be seemlessly installed for SP games, and doesn't alter saving at all, meaning you can still pass the save back to someone without the mod for succession games etc.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 22=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"