JEELEN

JEELEN's Civ2 Scenarios

17 posts in this topic

I'll update some of my creations for Civ2 original/FW/Classic/Gold editions.

For (un)zipping I use 7zip, which should be unzippable with any zip program you have installed. If not, you can download 7zip freely here: http://www.7-zip.org/

As I can't remember when and where I made my Civ2 scenarios here's a link to convert your Civ2 to MGE if you can't seem to play: Cedric Greene's patch. (Thanks to Catfish)

First up: an expansion of the original MOOjr scenario, entitled simply

MOOjr4

Full description + screenshots on the download page:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=116

Next is World at War (Gigaworld)

a WW II scenario based on the Gigaworld map

Full description + screenshots on the download page:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=118

Edited by JEELEN
update

Did you make the planet graphics yourself? The graphics look nice.

Minor quibble. Some of the thumbnails on the downloads page do not expand.

Yeah, I noticed that. The terrain graphics are mainly taken from the MOOjr original; most of the work I did is in the unit graphics, tech editing and map creation.

Ok. Quick Question... Does this require Test of Time, or is Civ II:FW good enough?

Good question: everything I made for Civ2 was based on the original/FWClassic/Gold editions.

EDIT: Updated post #1 (added 1 more scenario).

Edited by JEELEN

Yes, but you can't play MGE scenarios with FW, so which is it? FW or MGE? :p

Hm. I know that used to be true, but I've got the Ultimate Classic Collection and I can play all scenarios I've ever downloaded (or uploaded). Not sure if that answers your question...

That's still true. However, if the Ultimate Classic Collection is capable of playing MGE scenarios, then you've probably got the equivalent of MGE. I just downloaded the scenario to check. It's MGE; so if DarkCloud only has FW, then he can't play it - unless he converts his version to MGE using Cedric Greene's patch.

There you go! I may add that link to 1st post, as I really can't remember when and where I made all of my Civ2 scenarios...

EDIT: Done!

Edited by JEELEN

Catfish- thank you... I did not think it would ever be possible for me to play the MGE scenarios (!) I had no idea about that patch.

Note the 'Extremely hostile AI' warning. This will affect many FW scenarios played using MGE. MGE also cannot read FW's major city objectives; I think that's what Cedric meant by 'A bug in programming disallows higher scores for different cities in scenarios'. IMO, MGE is the weakest and most redundant of all the versions of Civ2. Vanilla Civ2 and FW have a better AI diplomacy model and ToT does everything that MGE does and more.

Would the Ultimate Civ pack (with Civ I,II,III,IV and the sid meier DVD) play MGE scenarios without the problems? You seemed to indicate that it would, but I am unsure if that is the same packet being referred to. The packet in no way indicated it would be compatible with MGE- I was really annoyed when I purchased that and it did not contain the MGE edition ! That was the ONLY reason I bought it.

That sounds familiar: I bought the Chronicles edition, only to find out that instead of Civ original, they'd included Civnet... (Civ1 was the 1st I ever bought, but I've long lost the discs...) As for the Ultimate Civ pack: can't say for certain, as I don't own it, nor do I know what Civ2 version(s) are included.

BTW, did you check out MOOjr4? If so, what did you think of it? (It was my last try at an expanded MOOjr scenario; I thought the original had a way too small map; another version I made used an Ocean map, but the AI didn't seem to grasp the concept...)

Note the 'Extremely hostile AI' warning. This will affect many FW scenarios played using MGE. MGE also cannot read FW's major city objectives; I think that's what Cedric meant by 'A bug in programming disallows higher scores for different cities in scenarios'.

I did not know that.

Edited by JEELEN

Ah, the Chronicles edition is what I was talking about. I had forgotten its name and do not have the box or the CDs with me right now. I lent them all to a friend since it didn't have the MGE game that I wanted. I know for CERTAIN that it had civ 2, 3, 4 and a sid meier dvd.

>>BTW, did you check out MOOjr4? If so, what did you think of it? (It was my last try at an expanded MOOjr scenario; I thought the original had a way too small map; another version I made used an Ocean map, but the AI didn't seem to grasp the concept...)

Haven't seen it yet, I am a bit skeptical about installing the civfantatics patch- though I might. I am waiting to hear if chronicles will run MGE. If It will, then I intend to borrow back the game. If it won't, then I will probably install the civfan patch.

Edited by DarkCloud

The Chronicles/Ultimate editions have FW, not MGE, I just checked.

lol.. for once a spammer did something useful.. cheers bot for bumping an 11 year old thread relating to a Civ2 mod I'd be very interested in as I'm after Master of Orion scenarios!

Shame the download doesn't work.. I'll have to see if I can find it elsewhere!