Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkCloud

Lancer?

17 posts in this topic

This news story I found probably isn't about Lancer, but just sending well wishes in any event.

"MANILA, Philippines -- Police say a retired U.S. Marine living near the Philippine capital was bludgeoned to death by robbers who broke into home and stole his valuables on Christmas Eve.Police said Monday that robbers used a metal pipe to kill 61-year-old James Thomas Kakara, who was alone in his house in the resort town of Tagaytay. His Filipino wife and her daughter had left to spend Christmas Eve with her family nearby. ... (cut) ..."

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/25/4145470/retired-us-marine-killed-in-robbery.html

---

---As an aside, outside of monitoring this thread for a little while, sadly I probably won't be back posting anything else here at least for a while. Explanation: busy. No guarantees either way if I'll be around or not.

Wrong island - Manilla in on Mindaro, I think; Lance lives down on Bohol.

Is there no way I can bribe you into checking by once in a while?

Ok, then that's good to know-I did not know exactly where Lancer was based; the story is still problematic for the person of interest in the story, but good for Lancer. Thank you and have a good day. :)

*edit: ah, good, the Christmas Smileys are still working here. :)

Thanks DC, we live on the central island of Bohol. Consider the difference, a major city like NY or LA would be Manila, high crime. A small town on the Oregon coast compares to Bohol, low crime. Anything is possible, but we're pretty safe here, compared. Really appreciate your concern my friend. :)

Sorry you won't be around pal.

Edit: Plus, I'd have just shot the pipe wielding guy. :D

This news story I found probably isn't about Lancer, but just sending well wishes in any event.

"MANILA, Philippines -- Police say a retired U.S. Marine living near the Philippine capital was bludgeoned to death by robbers who broke into home and stole his valuables on Christmas Eve.Police said Monday that robbers used a metal pipe to kill 61-year-old James Thomas Kakara, who was alone in his house in the resort town of Tagaytay. His Filipino wife and her daughter had left to spend Christmas Eve with her family nearby. ... (cut) ..."

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/25/4145470/retired-us-marine-killed-in-robbery.html

---

---As an aside, outside of monitoring this thread for a little while, sadly I probably won't be back posting anything else here at least for a while. Explanation: busy. No guarantees either way if I'll be around or not.

Edited by Lancer

Definitely good to hear...plus...

Plus, I'd have just shot the pipe wielding guy. :D

definite sig material....

:lol:

AFAIK, Lancer&wife are still in Oregon?

Besides, Buster, Manilla is on the island Luzon. ;)

:idiot: You're right about that last, but they went back to the Phils weeks ago.

Thanks Alex, same here. :D

Geo, haven't been keeping up have we? ;)

:lol:

AFAIK, Lancer&wife are still in Oregon?

Besides, Buster, Manilla is on the island Luzon. ;)

US Cavalry. :b: ...Army

Edited by Lancer

Geo, haven't been keeping up have we? ;)

Keep it down, will you? :cute: