Argroww

BTS on Windows 7

29 posts in this topic

what C2C mod version are you playing with? The C2C v21 has recently come out and I'm currently playing with it some. I found one bug in the version, got two free Gatherers instead of the one, regular one and one with a Name...

Currently playing a large Map and playing one of the Iroquois Leaders/Civs (one with Creative and Organized) and set all of the other civs to ones that were in Continental America (Aztec, Inca, Mayan, Native American, Sioux & other Iroquois leader). Currently playing an Epic Game, with regular barbs, but with the settings that allows a GG from Barbs and no limit on barb experiance. The v21 version now has the full Prehistoric techs available, but Normal speed seemed too fast for that, so trying Epic speed, but might still need to go slower. Not doing the Minor Civ thing at this time, just still getting my feet wet with this mod as it is...

Edited by E_T

I'm on V21 as well....mind you that doesn't say much depending upon what custom options you go for, we could still be playing a very different game. I find I still have ot stick with a normal map....possibly smaller as the game still slows down by the time I've started to explore the map better even on my newer laptop.

I always play on eternal game speed, makes the early game so much more interesting, everything take so much longer....mind you I also play on an easy difficulty level when I first play a mod so I can see all of it without having to worry too much about AIs or barb, which means by the time year AD comes around I'm usually well ahead of anyone else tech wise and could probably stamp all over the AIs.

My current game had me owning half a continent with 2 AIs on it, upon reaching the right tech one of the AIs became my vassal the next turn and the other AI declared war on me several turns later, even though I was about 6 times stronger than it, I then proceeded to walk all over his measly 6 cities (I had 15 by then) with only 3 units...all of them hero units....mind you one of them (King Arthur) was THE most powerful unit on the map at that point, towering over even my own units at 17 STR, the best I had otherwise was Longbows at 9 STR, the AI only had Archers......the Arthur unit is unbalanced methinks, even taking the difficulty setting into consideration...

Recently, I've been too busy with RL and ACtA!! stuff, that I haven't been able to play this at all. I have my difficulty set at Noble (same level that the AI uses) so that I am on the same level as the AI while learning the thing and will go to higher levels after I get a fell for it...

As for RL, I started typing this over an hour ago and finally getting it finished and posted...

Trouble is that C2C is such a huge mod that you do need a decent amount of time to play it, I've played it almost solidly for a couple of weeks, but I've hit that barrier where the game starts to slow down a bit (due to seeing more of the map)....and now I've got stuck into a couple of MMOs I'm not sure if I will be going back to it for a while now (Aion and World of Tanks)