Penry

Civ 4 Multiplayer Games and/or Players wanted thread....

61 posts in this topic

Gents, with new game setup threads rapidly being demoted down the page in this forum, due to the high frequency that the PBEM turn tracking threads are being posted in, can we please keep all discussions about new games or players wanted for games in this thread, or at least post a link in this thread to the discussion thread concerned. I completely missed the Newb Bashing Fun setup thread in amongst all the PBEM turn trackers and I'm willing to bet others did too......

I'll add this thread to the main CivIV forum directory so any newcomers to WPC who are interested in some MP action will quickly and easily be able to find like minded players....

Cheers! :D

Is anyone interested in trying a multiplayer Final Frontier game? I've really enjoyed that MOD and would love to give it a multiplayer whirl.

Not my cup of tea thanks ben! :)

The original. I don't think I can get Plus working on a Macintosh.

Edit: Actually, I got Final Frontier Plus working on my Mac via Crossover. If anyone is interested in either a Final Frontier Plus or Fall From Heaven II game, then I would be very interested.

Thanks!

Edited by benjpeters

Actually, I got Final Frontier Plus working on my Mac via Crossover. If anyone is interested in either a Final Frontier Plus or Fall From Heaven II game, then I would be very interested.

V1.7 and Patch V1.71?

I have not downloaded the V1.71 patch yet - so let me know if you have and I will grab it as well.

I would be interested in a FF+ PBEM. I have not played it for a while - but will give it a whack.

Bummer! I cannot play a game with that save file. As it turns out, I can't play either Final Frontier Plus or Fall from Heaven II. I tried my best to get them working through Crossover Games, but, in the end, it was futile. That being said, I am interested in playing another game. Is anyone else? I would like to play a game this is a little more advanced, or maybe even a scenario, rather than starting out at the beginning of a civilization's life. I'm not really sure how that works in MP though. Would anyone else be up for that?

I am hosting a Diplogame over at Apolyton. Very organized, but a player is having tech issues and wants to drop. I have a temp sub for him but I need a permanent player. The game has just started (We are on turn 3). Here is the link:

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/198931-Domination-of-Barbarians-Diplo-Game-Organization-Thread

The Game is Deity, Marathon. Also it is an 18 Civ Earth Map with 'historical starts'.

Please consider joining us, and PM me with any questions.

Hi there,

I am new to multiplayer games but have been playing Civ since 1991.

I'm looking for a game and some advice.

I have Civ IV multiplayer but noticed some talk of Beyond the Sword.

Am I going to need this expansion pack to play multiplayer games?

Welcome to the site. Every single Civ4 game we have going right now uses fully patched Beyond the Sword, so yeah you will need it.

There aren't any open games at the moment (that I know of), but you can always ask to start one.

Go ahead and get the expansion, play a few SP games, so that your familiar with some of the new things in it (depending on version that you're familiar with, might be a lot of things) and you could possibly take over for someone in a current game or Sub for someone (we always need those).

But the first step is to get the BtS version...

Yay! A new game!

You can also do what I did when I joined up here a few months ago: take over for other players' positions that have been left vacant. I'm not aware of any such positions at the moment, but they're bound to pop up.

But, yeah, a new game would be great.

Welcome to the site!

Many people still play Vanilla Civ 4 so no you dont need BTS but you would need it eventually.

But thats all moot because Gamespy was sold to GLU whoever they are and random disconects from games are quite common since then

Many people still play Vanilla Civ 4 ....

Who are these 'many people' you speak of?

Ok great.

Thanks a lot for the input everyone and for the welcome. This game has had me hooked for over 20 years and I think it's about time to give some multiplayer games a go. This **** is worse then crack ffs. Do you guys have a support group section as well for dealing with the dependence and such? You know, Civ Gamers Anonymous 12 step program or something?

I'll get a few BtS games in first and go from there. Their seems to be a big difference in play with this expansion pack from what I have gathered so far.

Thanks again.

I'll get a few BtS games in first and go from there. Their seems to be a big difference in play with this expansion pack from what I have gathered so far.

I was brand new to BTS when I started playing multiplayer here a couple months ago, too. It's different, but you pick up the differences relatively quickly. Mind you... there are still things I don't know that put me at a disadvantage, I'm sure, but there's no better way to learn than by playing with people who are really good.

Plus, check out some of the other threads, like all of the A Call to Arms!!! Team threads...just be mindful of spilling any spoilers in those threads.

Who are these 'many people' you speak of?

And why should we care about Gamespy? Noone here uses it AFAIK...

Canuckistan - I guess post here when you're ready to start a game and we'll set one up. Let us know if you have any setup preferences.