Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

349 posts in this topic

Welcome all to We Play Civ! Hopefully you can find a home here as we get things organised.

WPC is all about the community. Locutus, Solver and myself believe we have come up with a great concept for supporting the building of a community centred around the content generators of Civ and other games. In the future this site will provide many features tailored towards mods, content generation, information sharing, ladders and other community activities.

So in the meantime, please excuse the bubble-wrap and cardboard boxes as we unpack. Feel free to get involved anywhere on the site and as a starter, let us all know how you came to Civ and WPC. :)

Hi all, I came to Civ in 1993 as it came on the 486 I got. Since then I've been playing strategy games and love the high-end strategy of god-games such as Civ series, Colonization series, CTP series, Europa Universalis series and Hearts of Iron.

I started modding in 2001 I think it was, with CTP2. Since then I've created mods for all the major Civ-style games except Civ3. Just couldn't get into Civ3.

Anyways, as a modder I felt there was a better way to support modders and content generation for the series and after talking with Loc & Solver joined them to start this site.

So "hi everyone!" :DD

Walked into a computer games shop in Holborn, London waaaaaay back in the mists of my youth. (no comments please Nugog!!!!) I'd just bought my first PC and was looking for my first game. Picked up Railroad Tycoon and thought 'This looks cool'. Bought another game too (oh for the days of seemingly endless expendable income) but can't for the life of me remember what....... (It hardly got a look in anyway)

Got home and checked out the shiny black 5.25" disks and thought that I was on the cutting edge of technology!!!!

Played it to death and beyond. Had to fight with my brother to get time on my own new machine!!! :rant:

When I noticed Civ come out I bought it without even knowing what it was about. Hell, Tycoon was so good then this must be equally so!

Lost a few years to Civ until CivII came out. Repeat and wash........

Even took CivII round a 'monsoon season' trip round India, on a tiny Sony laptop!!!

Dabbled in AC, but it never really got to me in the same way. (But eager to be proved wrong)

Dabbled in CtP, but it never took hold either. (Not eager to be converted)

Disappointed in CivIII and lost interest in the series.

Got CivIV on release to give the series another go and then found Poly.....

Lost a few woman along the way to my obsessions to Civ, footy (that's soccer to you new-worlders) and a few other things, but thankfully managed to convert my lovely FeMme to the wonders of both!!! :relief:

And now I'm here posting my bloody life story........ ;)

It's a funny old world....

Hey dale good to see you mate

Im tony aka garretsidzaka. i do the modcast thing for dan quick and have modded a whole crapload of civ stuff. i do alot of stuff at Civfanatics as well as (up until recently) apolyton. i plan on playing here now and will still provide the content you all love to hate to listen to :D

anyone curious about me or the ModCast, just PM me any time :D

Hi Rob & Tony, great to see you both here! :)

I hope to hear more of those crazy MC antics Tony. :lol:

Hey dale good to see you mate

Im tony aka garretsidzaka. i do the modcast thing for dan quick and have modded a whole crapload of civ stuff. i do alot of stuff at Civfanatics as well as (up until recently) apolyton. i plan on playing here now and will still provide the content you all love to hate to listen to :D

anyone curious about me or the ModCast, just PM me any time :D

Welcome Tony!

Hi people!

I finally joined your ranks! I played Civ4 since shortly after its release and ever since.

I guess that some of you know me already from CFC where I'm a member since January this year.

I sincerely hope that this forum will grow big and renowned over time! :bb:

ESB

Another Grandpa here, who has played Civ since Civ I came out.

I am looking forward to seeing another good source of information, and am glad to see many familiar names. :b:

I got addicted, hardcore, to the DEMO of Alpha Centauri, I think before it was even released. I caught a bargain bin copy that fall, and have been playing it far above all else ever since. Never missed six months, and only that about twice. Have gone years at a time playing almost every day.

I got my mits on the Alien Crossfire expansion a few months ago, and although I don't think it's that much of an expansion, it added enough to make it all fresh again. This lead to modding then making faction graphics- which for a couple of months consumed my every waking hour- and I wasn't sleeping enough, at that.

I'm ghay for Civ II, also, and like Civ4- but my machine doesn't, and my projects and AC forums keep me too busy to play it.

Welcome eastsidebagel, Supr49er and Buster. :)

Started on the Civ series way back with CivI on floppy disks. Glad to see another Civ site.

Hi nbcman! Welcome to the forums. :)

Howdy folks, I got my self registered as soon as I heard the site was up and running, some of you may know be as the UI programmer on Civ4 Colonization and one of the ModCast co-hosts.

;1535']Howdy folks' date=' I got my self registered as soon as I heard the site was up and running, some of you may know be as the UI programmer on Civ4 Colonization and one of the ModCast co-hosts.[/quote']

Hey, Kenneth! Good to see you here. :)

Without rancor- Buster is my niece. Common mistake. No big.

BU I was talking to your niece. :p

Hey Impaler! Great to see you on board. :)

BU I was talking to your niece. :p

Second LOL of the day. :b:

You better have been nice to her...

Wombat sighting!

I saw Ben online a few minutes ago.

This is becoming like the old Poly.

Hey Peter it's great to see you here. :)

;1535']Howdy folks' date=' I got my self registered as soon as I heard the site was up and running, some of you may know be as the UI programmer on Civ4 Colonization and one of the ModCast co-hosts.[/quote']

Very glad to see you here my friend!:eager:

I'm a new member (as are all of you) and I am rather surprised to find something I wasn't aware I really wanted (sic)! A pleasant surprise!

Congratulations on the site! You better get unpacking soon. I am at your service!

Hi Rubin. :) Glad to hear we've helped someone out already.

Hear that everyone? We helped someone out! :DD

Now, how did we help you out? :whistle:

WOOHOO look we are just packing into here! a good start for the site :D

Hi all.

I am DrSpike - I need no further introduction. ;)