Monaldinio

Conflict on Chiron

21 posts in this topic

Beautiful.

You should swing by the SMAC(X) forum, and have a look around.

Welcome to WPC Monaldinio!

Your mod of a mod looks great! Maniac is a regular poster here at WPC. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts on your work!

Why did you have problems in the German Civ forum Monaldinio?

Why don't we try to work out this credit thing before we contemplate losing a modder and a mod? Maniac's a good guy. Let's try to come to an understanding and see that everybody wins.

I'm a SMAC(X) modder myself - mostly art - and I've always taken the attitude that we all rip each other's work off, and that's okay. And I don't care who uses my work in their work. But credit is VERY important within the community. Something I find on Google -nothing to do with SMAC(X) originally- and alter, nobody cares, right? But when I use stuff from a Network Node faction in one of my custom factions, I'm very careful to credit NN in the pcx. I expect anyone who uses even a tiny bit of my work to credit me. Surely that's fair.

That's kinda what those guys at CFC were trying to say, if rudely; credit matters within the community. I've actually discussed this issue with Maniac before (nothing to do with you).

I really want this to to work out; remember that disagreeing doesn't make either of you a bad guy and getting angry about doesn't, either. Bright people with good intentions ought to be able to work it out. I'm sure Maniac is going to mind his manners, and I'm sure you will, too. Be polite, and maybe we can fix this.

Do this for me, anyway; head over to the Alpha Centari forum and start looking around. We've got lots of SMAC(X) mods. Even if Conflict on Chiron doesn't work out, I bet you'd love modding AC. We can help you get started.

And look, Maniac is a friend of mine, and I like you so far; I'm willing to try to help both of you here, if you'll work with me. Maybe he will listen to me - but I'd expect you to listen, too. Maybe I'm just a silly optimist, but I have hope, here.

The admins are looking into ways of solving this issue, IMO we should keep the lid on the discussion until then.

Mon, do give the AC forum a try, either way.

There's some stuff in the general forum, but you'll see a subforum there called "Skunkworks: The Modding Guild". Lotsa good how-to information there. Feel free to post and ask questions.

Also, check out the downloads button up at the top of the page - in the Alpha Centauri section, there are a lot of scenarios and custom factions for your downloading pleasure.

You're very welcome, sir.

I tried to sleep, but I'm having insomnia. I may pass out at any moment, or stay up all day. I'm not too smart right now.

It's a Civ IV mod, and this folder doesn't have a separate modding subforum.

Please can any MODERATOR delate the this Thread?!? Thanks!