Locutus

New Staff Appointments

73 posts in this topic

Donald, sorry I've been a bit swamped in dealing with all the staff questions and discussions resulting from these appointments, I saw your post right away and you have a PM coming your way, but once again I find myself posting well past midnight. Tomorrow...

Congrats to all. :) While I'm glad that Zoid, Bantams and Buster's Uncle have gotten the mod jobs I can't help but notice that I have not. When I was the first asked if I would like the admin position and declined due to this trip to the US I did ask if I could be a mod instead. Solver told me there was no need for new mods, and I asked him to please keep me informed. Gotta admit I'm feeling rather passed over right at the moment.

As BU pointed out, we asked for volunteers and appointed every single person who stepped up; no more, no less. Nothing against you, it was very ad-hoc, not something we've been planning for weeks or whatnot. We can talk though (IIUC Solver already is).

I see, its my fault for not stopping by this particular forum recently, and that's what matters because you guys didn't give it any thought past who dropped by that day, is that what you're saying?

I see, its my fault for not stopping by this particular forum recently, and that's what matters because you guys didn't give it any thought past who dropped by that day, is that what you're saying?

You know, I tend to think that the people who react this way to being passed for a position of power are likely poor candidates for the job, anyways.

Guess we'll not be finding out Zack. You got a funny sense of power. I imagine being a mod only carries power if the position is abused, otherwise its servitute.

No worries Jack, I get to say whats on my mind , others get to say whats on theirs, peace and freedom. :dunno:

As long as its not slander, I don't care.

Edited by Lancer

Guess we'll not be finding out Zack. You got a funny sense of power. I imagine being a mod only carries power if the position is abused, otherwise its servitute.

You seriously don't see the power in a moderator position? You know what it entails, yes?

You're saying you're extremely upset because you missed out on "servitude" for a presently overstaffed forum?

I imagine being a mod only carries power if the position is abused, otherwise its servitute.
^This.

It's not your fault, it's ours. But yes, that's more or less what I'm saying. I made the staff changes, I was never aware of (or at least don't remember) Solver promising your anything way back when. Solver okay'd my decision but it was not some long drawn out process, we made an ad-hoc decision. "We need help now, we have 6 volunteers standing ready." You give us too much credit for believing we actually think these things through ;) Like most of humanity, we make this sh*t up as we go along...

I was directing my comments to the admins, Locutus particularly, and to be even more specific, not to you Zack. :)

You give us too much credit for believing we actually think these things through ;) Like most of humanity, we make this sh*t up as we go along...
:lol:

It's not your fault, it's ours. I made the staff changes, I was never aware of (or at least don't remember) Solver promising your anything way back when. Solver okay'd my decision but it was not some long drawn out process, we made an ad-hoc decision. "We need help now, we have 6 volunteers standing ready." You give us too much credit for believing we actually think these things through ;) Like most of humanity, we make this sh*t up as we go along...

Thank you for the reply Locutus. Solver never promised me anything. When I was offered the admin position it was with great regret that I declined as I didn't believe I had the time available to do the job justice with a return to the US and all that entails. This I believe was during the time when you could not be reached for an opinion about six months ago so you might be out of the loop. I did say something to the effect that I would like to be a mod, and he said the positions are full. I replied to please keep me in mind. While that is certainly no commitment on his part, I had high hopes these last 6 months. To read under the avatars the listing of the mod postion, and to then come here and find them filled, and not even being able to throw my name into the hat for consideration of merit was a disappointment. Its good to know the haphazard manner in which these things are done at WPC, and the limits to the admins consideration of others who have shown their commitment to this site. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. Life goes on...

Again, thanks for the reply.

I never said that all positions are filled. Rather I've stated the opposite in the OP: we can always use more help. Granted, we have a lot of mods right now so we don't need 3 more of those, but we're open to discussing anything with anyone who wants to volunteer their time!

Loc, feel free to install Donald and Lancer as our next batch. I am on a smartphone now which is not conductive to using the admin settings.

As Solver already mentioned, we hereby officially announce two more appointments: Lancer as a Moderator and donald23 as our Tech Guru. Welcome aboard, chaps!