E_T

A Call to Arms!!!!!!!

1,772 posts in this topic

A Call to Arms!! All peoples of good worth head over to sign up to defend your homes and promote your thinking and how you treat your own... To meeting and treating with new peoples and promote your lifestyle...

To brazen forth your worth in our hour of need!!!

Come and join us in our effort to rule the world!!

[Hype Engine on]

Epic Size

Epic Play

Epic Diplomacy

Epic Epic!!!

Tell Your Friends....Tell Your Lovers....Tell Your Enemies....

Enter in now and get into the greatest game in all of the Gods creation!!

[/Hype]

attachment.php?attachmentid=11543&stc=1&d=1323901134

New PTB (Pitboss) Game: A Call to Arms!!

[stuff to be edited later....]

-= Decided Issues =-

Team Play Game: Two player teams / 7 Teams

Picking of Civs: Snake Draft - the Draft IS Complete!! I'll update the list shortly

Game Speed: Normal

Difficulty: Monarch

Tech Trading: Tech Brokering Only

Map Size: Huge (provided by OzzyKP)

Barbarians: Normal

Colonies/Vassal States: NO

Random Events: YES

City Flipping from Culture: Allowed ("No" option unchecked)

City Flipping After Conquest: Disallowed (unchecked)

Flags also off (unchecked):

Advanced Start

No City Razing

All AI related Flags off

Choose Religions

Always War or Peace

OCC

Perma War or Peace

New Random Seed on Reload

Locked Modified Assets

No Tribal Villages

No Espionage

-= Issues still under discussion or to be considered =-

War Order with Team play: Need to make sure that everyone understands how we will do this.

Sneww:

TEAMS/PLAYERS CLOSED AT 7 TEAMS

-= Players/Teams =-

[NOTE: Rule on Public/Private Team Threads here. Use caution then clicking on these links.]

The Team of: E_T; Rhothaerill

Playing: Ethiopian / Zara Yaqob & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] The E_T/Rhoth Show

The Team of: Beta; Kloreep

Playing: Maya / Pacal II & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] Team Grindhouse

The Team of: donald23; RobWorham

Playing: Roman / Julius Caesar & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] Zeeland - Old and New

The Team of: fed1943; Viking

Playing: Viking / Ragnar & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] Team Vikings

The Team of: andydog; Zoid

Playing: Khmer / Suryavarman & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] The Northern Alliance

The Team of: ChrisiusMaximus; Nugog

Playing: English / Victoria & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] Team Moonshine

The Team of: 2metraninja; Sommerswerd

Playing: Incan / Huayna Capac & ??

Team Thread: [ACtA-TT] Team Blackadders

-= Game Reporter =-

UnOrthOdOx

-= Keeper of the Passwords and E-mails =-

Conmcb25

Buster's Uncle -=- email is to be found here: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?98-Active-Profiles-for-Multi-Playing&p=25003&viewfull=1#post25003 ...Let's skip the PMs to him, if feasible.

-= Pitboss Host Server =-

WPC Pitboss Server-Artemis

artemis.weplayciv.com:2062

Once a game has been set up for you, you can connect to it in Civ4 by going to Multiplayer > Direct IP Connection and by using artemis.weplayciv.com:20XX as the network address, where 20XX is a port number unique to your game that the admins will provide you with.

Once the game is going, each team will be allowed to post team discussion things, pictures, etc in a "private thread". What does that mean? That the thread is Open to all EXCEPT for your opponents. This is using the Honor System to keep them from peeking into your teams deep dark secrets... BUT, anyone who is NOT in the game can take a look and even kibitz (but please kibitz knowing that you might let something slip that you had read in one of the other teams threads). Also, Once a team is eliminated, they can enter an opponents thread but their opponent can not enter theirs for a number of turn after elimination. And posts in threads will be such that they won't have to be edited afterwards, like in some DG subforums, but also keeping in mind the entertainment of the people who aren't playing.

Team Threads will be designated as such:

[ACtA-TT] whatever naming convention you want

exp: [ACtA-TT] The E_T/Rhoth Show

ACtA-TT => A Call to Arms-Team Thread

A Call To Arms.jpg

Edited by E_T

I'll join! :b: I presume you are hosting?

as I'm not familiar with what is required to host, and only (at this time) even have one computer to even play the game with, I don't think (or know) even if I could even attempt to host the game. Plus it might be a conflict of interest, hosting (shows how much I know about PTB) might leave me open for possible conflict of interest (saying it nicely...). So, for right now, no known hosts, just getting the game together, but for right now, that's all I'm worried about....

Anyways, Beta's in...

Oh, ya got a possible partner in mind (as this IS a team game)??

:nudgenudgewinkwink:

Edited by E_T
added "smilie"

I'm in. Haven't played a team game in a long time.

I can't host by the way. Maybe you could ask Donald if he can host another game. He is hosting the WPC diplogame right now, but I know that in the past Beta has hosted some simultaneously and Robert Plomp has done the same.

I'm in. Haven't played a team game in a long time.

I can't host by the way. Maybe you could ask Donald if he can host another game. He is hosting the WPC diplogame right now, but I know that in the past Beta has hosted some simultaneously and Robert Plomp has done the same.

Kewl... early dayz, early dayz.... build the game, the host will come... hehe silly me...

seriously, I think that Donals23 would be great, IF he COULD host another, but for right now, I'm just interested in getting the game together...If I have to work at building the 'puter myself to get this game hosted, them it might be a while, but it will get going....i.e. I'm not worried about it at this time....

And remember, this is a team game, so think hard on that...

Well, it doesn't really matter to me who I am paired up with. Except con because he is lazy and he sucks. :p

BTW, the usual gaming crew over here consists of (in no particular order):

me

Beta

Nugog

RobWorham

Zoid

Kloreep

UnO

Wittlich

Fed1943

Donald23

Strudo76

Harovan (though last I heard he had lost interest in playing)

Andydog

Paolis

and a couple people I don't know very well who are in a game I'm not playing.

Several of those will probably join a new game here, and maybe some of the Apolytoners I lured over here for the WPC diplogame will join (but who knows).

Oh...and we'll need a "modification" of the PTB War rules with team play....maybe...don't know if already has been covered or not....

Well, it doesn't really matter to me who I am paired up with. Except con because he is lazy and he sucks. :p

Besides, he has yet to prove how much he sucks to me....the resident Gay guy... :D

me

Beta

Nugog

RobWorham

Zoid

Kloreep

UnO

Wittlich

Fed1943

Donald23

Strudo76

Andydog

Paolis

Several of those will probably join a new game here, and maybe some of the Apolytoners I lured over here for the WPC diplogame will join (but who knows).

Sounds like you need to send a few PM's...

Oh, and if UnO doesn't want to play, he's still welcome to post any stories that he has the muse hit him with.

And One rule that I will INSIST ON.....

That we will be allowed to post things about our team game in threads that will be imperious to the opposition....i.e. that I and my partner can post in a "private" thread and our opponents WON'T PEEK. Done that before over at MZO and worked great. Just have to work it on the honor system...

but was entertaining to those who didn't play, too

Edited by E_T

I hadn't planned on starting new games anytime soon, but a team game sounds fun... I may have to join if this gets started. :p

That we will be allowed to post things about out team game in threads that will be imperious to the opposition...

Hehe, at first I thought you meant things along the lines of "fetch me some gold, you backwards upstarts!"

me

Beta

Nugog

RobWorham

Zoid

Kloreep

UnO

Wittlich

Fed1943

Donald23

Strudo76

Andydog

Paolis

I am left out :eek:

I hadn't planned on starting new games anytime soon, but a team game sounds fun... I may have to join if this gets started. :p

Hehe, at first I thought you meant things along the lines of "fetch me some gold, you backwards upstarts!"

Nope, you remember that duel team game that Con and I had against UnO and Arrian? We had separate threads for out planning and it was off limits to the other side. Only thing that kept us and them from violating that was our word. And we kept it, too.....

So that means that your in?

I am left out :eek:

I think that Rhoth was working from memory....

So, you want to play?

I'm up for another CivIV game, but I'd rather we played it as a civ each, or paired up if people so wish (to lessen the burden) or have a mixture. I'm not a huge fan of mods so I'd rather not, but will go with the flow on this point.

A little birdy told me they may be able to host a pitboss game soon, but I'll let them announce it if it comes to fruition.

I'd rather kickoff was after Xmas, but I'll be ready and willing whenever you want to get things going.

Lastly, I'd rather this was WPC only if at all possible...... :)

And One rule that I will INSIST ON.....

That we will be allowed to post things about our team game in threads that will be imperious to the opposition....i.e. that I and my partner can post in a "private" thread and our opponents WON'T PEEK. Done that before over at MZO and worked great. Just have to work it on the honor system...

but was entertaining to those who didn't play, too

:b:

I think we're all honourable and relaxed enough here at WPC to make this work. Another reason I'd like it WPC only......

Tech trading, yeah or nay?? Or limited?

:b:

I think we're all honourable and relaxed enough here at WPC to make this work. Another reason I'd like it WPC only......

True, .....but....we DO need a bit more new blood if we're to avoid the fate of MZO. See recent thread in Community Forum about this...

So, your in.... with a possible .... hehe

I'm in! I'd rather play a solo game, but am willing to pair up if needs be. I can see that it would make for a more interesting team 'private' thread....... ;)

I'm up for another CivIV game, but I'd rather we played it as a civ each, or paired up if people so wish (to lessen the burden) or have a mixture. I'm not a huge fan of mods so I'd rather not, but will go with the flow on this point.

A little birdy told me they may be able to host a pitboss game soon, but I'll let them announce it if it comes to fruition.

I'd rather kickoff was after Xmas, but I'll be ready and willing whenever you want to get things going.

Lastly, I'd rather this was WPC only if at all possible...... :)

In Team play, you each play a DIFFERENT Civ, but your permanently allied with your teammate. All research is automatically cooperative. Guess you haven't played team games before...