Argroww

Facebook Games

7 posts in this topic

This is a kind of survey really, those of us that do play FB games, what are we playing and why?

BushWhacker - Something curiously satisfying about whacking bushed to find puzzle pieces and then building the puzzles after, the game also receives pretty regular updates and has a lot going for it and is pretty unique.

TrainStation - some small part of me really likes trains, but what I like about this game is that nearly everythign that can be bought with gems (RL cash) can eventually be bought with in-game resources, and there's quite a few different resources.

Clash of Dragons - CCG (Computer Card Game) that is showing some originality, a bit long-winded and repetitive, but there's quite a few different cards and it works quite well, one of the better CCG style games I think.

Deep Realms - a decent strategy/RPG/exploration sort of game.....although not been playing this as much recently.

WestWars - don't know to be honest, it has nothing that really separates from any of the other grind RPG FB games, but for some reason I like it and I keep playing it.

I dabble in others occasionally, but the above are the main ones that I play and try to keep up with, so what about everyone else?

I've played CivWorld, although not recently. This list is unlikely to grow, as I dislike the usual social game income model and its consequences on gameplay.

I'm not playing any facebook game now. I have played CivWorld and Empires and Allies in the past.

'relaxation', my missus says(i guess through simple repative tasks?). She had been into 'Pet Society', but since EA bought out the dev that game has become virtually unplayable. It's lost about 500,000 players over recent months as it seems they want to kill the game, probably to make space for either their Sims facebook game, or maybe their own pet based game(those are the current theories doing the rounds amongst players). You got to feel sorry for people that put real money into that game, and it serves as a cautionary tale for the rest of the Facebook game genre :yes:

How could I?.......I've started playing The Sims Social and have been pleasantly surprised, it actually plays like a sims game and doesn't (so far) rely too heavily on RL cash advantages....remains to be seen how well it lasts. AT least the things you can plant don't die out after a certain amount of time, what they appear to have instead is a bonus if you pick them quickly enough (always annoys me wit hthe games that have plants that wilt as I can never guarantee when I can get online)

I'm still playing E&A.

:dunno: know why.

I do find these games very addictive. I had to block Mafia Wars (for those who remember my fevered addiction to that).

I also tried the new Pioneer Trail.

Ditched it really quick - way too cutesy for me liking.

Played civworld and e&a even played cityville over christmas but not played any FB games in ages

Occasionally load civworld just to remind myself how bad it is ;)