Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greenday_234

long time no disappointment

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I can't tell u the last time I played this game. Pretty sure it was january. So I have to ask, my main beef was with the awful ai. The fact that if I was strong instead of kissing my ass they'd gang up on me with three hoplites against my tank...ooo scary... has this been resolved? does the ai have any depth? Or skill otherwise I wont waste my time.

Thanks,

Dan

I wonder if this is as close as firaxis gets to sim city societies lol. Okay...not that bad.. but still, dale was right from the beginning on this iteration.

CiV is hugely improved. AI is also alot better. But if you encounter hoplites with a tank you might want to think about putting the difficulty higher...

Not sure, Donald. AI still doesn't upgrade all units. I think it builds too much, and doesn't have money to upgrade. So you can face hoplites with armors.

Hmmm, I never encountered that :) but I keep my point that AI has improved since january. I liked the game in the beginning, I love the game by now. On higher difficulties the AI even steals a city now and then for a short while. It never managed to do that when it was released.

The AI civs ahead in tech of me usually have their units upgraded in my games. (I'm somewhere between Prince/King level at single play)