Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lemmy

First game after many months...any big changes?

6 posts in this topic

I've played a few games of Civ5 when it was released. Now i'd like start a new game, and i'm wondering what, if any, major changes i can expect after all the patches since release.

I assume the AI has been greatly improved, i've read one or two things about that, but what about game mechanics for example?

Other than the AI, you're probably not going to notice much. That is not to say that not much has been changed, just that you won't notice it because it has been so long since you played and I doubt you played an especially large amount all those months ago.

Stone and stone works will be noticable and changes in the policy-tree's to name two... Furthermore, there are a lot of changes, but if you will notice them will probably depend on you earlier games like PiMan says...

Al the changelogs are here, then you can truly see all the changes:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?89117-Patch-Notes

Resources give less happiness, but some buildings give under certain policies happiness. And the AI seems more reluctant to link more then one happiness resource of a kind to its network.

At release I played it quite a lot actually. I was one of those that liked it. Looking at my steam profile i've spent 80 hours on it, more than any other of my steam games.

Thanks donald for the list, but there are some many (minor) changes there, and fixes as well, it's difficult to get an idea of what the impact is. One thing that does stand out to me is that Honor looks much more interesting now. I also get the impression that there is less happiness overall now, and as well as several anti-ICS changes.

Started a game yesterday, and loving it again!

The most noticable changes are really the minor balancing changes, like smaller bonuses from city-states and changes in the social policies, buildings...really have to rethink my old way of doing things. Money seems to less abundant as well, forcing me to make more choices.