Player Roster

No code has to be inserted here.

Pool of CMN Candidates

No code has to be inserted here.

GameStart.jpg

GameStart.jpg

Edited by Dolgorukov
Nikolai added as Player 2

With 4 civ4 games and 2 civ5, i'm kinda full. But I am curious to how you get someone not in the game, set it up. Can you explain that?

Hey Donald,

by set up I simply meant that a 4th person who was not one of the players, we'll call him/her a CMN for practical purposes, would start a hot-seat game and set it up according to the screenshot provided in the first post. The game would generate the map and starting locations automatically, there would not be a manual set up phase by the CMN involving map editors and such. The CMN would play the first turn for all the players with the sole intention of setting up their passwords, during which no units would be moved, no cities established, no research selected, and so on. Then post the second Turn of the game for the first player on the roster within this thread. Quick and simple!

The CMN would act as a referee to settle any future disputes in the game. I suppose once all three players announce themselves, a CMN will be chosen by them from the pool of volunteers through unanimous agreement.

Does that answer your question Donald?

And um yeah... the rest of you can come out of your hiding spots now, I promise that my Chaos-Gun shall remain holstered, regardless of how infuriated I become by your CIVilians antics. Surely it will be a difficult promise to keep but a necessary one for the sake of new friendships, at first anyways...

Edited by Dolgorukov
grammatical errors

Hey Donald,

The CMN would play the first turn for all the players with the sole intention of setting up their passwords, during which no units would be moved, no cities established, no research selected, and so on. Then post the second Turn of the game for the first player on the roster within this thread...

Well I just discovered that the skipping of the first turn is unnecessary since the person setting up the game can set up the passwords by Editing the player details in the player roster. Pardon my newb-ishness!

passwordsetup.jpg

Ahh, now I understand. That would be a good possibility indeed. Never thought of it.. :p

Hi Dolgorukov,

I should be able to CMN the game for you. Let me know if there are any other details regarding the set-up (i.e. just summarize them in the first post for me).

D

Thank you Darsnan! Hopefully this game will pick up some more players soon.

I've never played a PBEM game before, but I guess I could try. Is it allowed to choose the civ, or is it random on all?

Hello Nikolai,

Either random or specific civ choice is fine, as long as its not a DLC.

Cheers!

I'm rather fond of the French.:)

one more player to join and then we're set. Is there anybody out there with enough courage, determination and dedication to take up the challenge?

one more player to join and then we're set. Is there anybody out there with enough courage, determination and dedication to take up the challenge?

I think Nikolai and his white-flag waving French have scared everyone off! :surrender:

Anyways, please note that I will be OOT in the near future, as my mother-in-law has decided to not continue her dialysis.

D

Nah, its just that with two CiV PBEM's I'm fine atm. ;)

Sorry to hear that Darsnan and thank you for letting us know about your anticipated absence.

Sorry to hear that Darsnan and thank you for letting us know about your anticipated absence.

Thank you Dolgorukov. It doesn't look like I will be leaving town though, afterall (to make a long story short my wife and her mother weren't close, so my wife isn't staying for the funeral), so will be available this weekend if you can get another volunteer. FYI.

D