GrandpaTroll

Indie games-Just what is all this I keep hearing about?

164 posts in this topic

cheating in Elite! :no:

;)

Actually for all the years i've played that game(and later versions), i've never come close to being 'Elite'. That was some serious grinding those guys got through!!

Hey guys, this seemed the appropriate place to mention that my friend and I started our own indie game "company" a little while back, and we've published two games thus far (free to play, browser based). We've gotten some good reviews on both of them from various gaming outlets, and we're pretty proud of 'em ;) You can try what we've got so far at http://twofoldsecret.com. We're a good way through development on our third title, and I'll certainly be sure to post here when it's out!

Wow that's awesome mate! :D

I'll have to check the games out. Congrats on getting some stuff out there. :)

indeed :b: i had a quick look at 'where we remain'(being a fan of procedural generation in games(for some things)), and liked it even though i haven't quite got the hang of not dying just yet ;)

But yeah will have to pencil some time to look at both these games you have - well done, technically they are very nice(and that is the hardest part often) :D

Take a look at this game by a few friends of mine. They made it for the Global Game Jam, and it won best game out of all the Melbourne entrants.

The Global Game Jam involves a small team making a small game in 48 hours.

Ultra Happy Death Virus HD

You play as a virus trying to kill every species on earth. The gameplay is just a fairly simple arcade-ish game, very vaguely like tetris.

The game itself is not a virus of any sort, I promise.

I know...i should have used a ;) instead of a :(

Looks kinda cool, reminds me of the old classic 'life' type games that simulate simple organic organisms. I'll have to check it out, is the download the link at the bottom of the article for 'udhv-hd.zip'?

that's the one.

And I knew you knew I wouldn't send you to a computer virus, I just wasn't sure how to say it.

Oh, and the developers have told me that I was almost certainly the first person to finish the entire game (in single player mode, and I don't think anyone has completed multiplayer yet).