GrandpaTroll

Indie games-Just what is all this I keep hearing about?

164 posts in this topic

El Cid, I appreciate you posting these so frequently :b:

me too! :D

and your welcome :b:

Like I said above. I don't often comment, but I always check the list. I've played a few of them now. :)

El Cid, I appreciate you posting these so frequently :b:

Just to echo, I am hooked, thanks in part to Indie Games, and in part to our arcade, these games. I am so hooked on TD or Tower Defense games.

I am recovering from Emergency Surgery this week, I have had a 15 year hernia which choked out my intestines, and well, one thing I learned, you really shouldnt put off hernia surgery especially when it makes you have to keep shoving it back in your body and second is you need your intestines or you pass out!

Anyhoo, been playing a lot lately of Indie games and thanks to WPC, El Cid and the folks that made the arcade, I am having a blast

God Bless

Brother Bruce, recovering slowly but surely

a british gaming computer from the 1980's. It had a very distinctive graphical display and was the most popular home computer in the uk in that era iirc. I had american(atari) hardware myself in that period.

sexy!

the rubber 'keys' made it a real task to type stuff into the thing(like games from magazines, back when you would get the full code for them in the magazine), i much preferred the keyboard on my Atari 800XL, although the Spectrum was a huge step up in usability from my first home computer, it's fore-runner; the ZX81.

I never had the pleasure of a spectrum, I was a C64 owner, we even had a modem and a floppy drive (and all of 4 or 5 games for the floppy drive!!!), followed it up with an Amiga 600, even bought an extra 1/2 MB of RAM......not that many games needed it (which is pretty much all I used both machines for.....and pretty much all I still use my home computer for....!)

Yeah I remember doing some of those, including a very lengthy cheat for Elite from a magazine that didn't work after spending ages entering it!!