GrandpaTroll

Indie games-Just what is all this I keep hearing about?

164 posts in this topic

it(spelunky) is quite addictive in that old-school way :) quite alot of depth/replay for a simple platform game too - and so far i've not noticed any bugs(but it has them still apparantly...).

wrecking crew = http://www.wrecking-crew.co.uk/club_relax.htm

?? ;) ok i know it's an old NEs game...but that link came up first on google!

Edited by El_Cid

Lol I played the first level of the Crush the Castle and I read the click anywhere to launch part. But skipped the "click again to release". So I was like "where the hell is the projectile, and how do I aim, dammit?". The weird part was that the castle fell down after 3 shots. 3 Shots that weren't even launched. Like if the wind blew it down :p

I failed the level horribly though cause the guy in the front wasn't hurt.

Well at least now I've read the instructions and are firing away :D

Cool link tobing - thanks :b:

Indeed, very cool, thanks much!:unworthy:

Lol I played the first level of the Crush the Castle and I read the click anywhere to launch part. But skipped the "click again to release". So I was like "where the hell is the projectile, and how do I aim, dammit?". The weird part was that the castle fell down after 3 shots. 3 Shots that weren't even launched. Like if the wind blew it down :p

I failed the level horribly though cause the guy in the front wasn't hurt.

Well at least now I've read the instructions and are firing away :D

Actually pretty cool:taz:

I love some of the higher levels where you have to not only hit the Castle but do so at correct spot to casue Epic Fail:rip:

Gramps

Linked in that last post, I cannot recommend this highly enough

Hazard: The Journey of Life

Note: I may have a little bias because I know the guy (he does the same uni course as me, but is two years ahead of me), but I think he is one of the best game designers worldwide right now. www.demruth.com

Thanks for that PiMan :b:

I love the creativity that can flourish in the indie scene and wish more AAA outfits were able to be more inspired in their game design. I'm not talking quick gimmicks here, but more an open mind to the component choices placed in a game design.

Another entry of decent indie titles to look at:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25514

Here's an interesting one being released this week. EuFloria (formerly Dyson) is a real-time strategy game based on colonisation and conquest. But here's where it gets unique: your "cities" are trees and your "units" are seedlings. Take over an asteroid belt versus up to 10 AI using your seedling armies to invade and colonise other asteroids.

http://www.dyson-game.com/

The game was a 2009 IGF finalist too.