Alexander

Crusader Kings II: I'm Starting to Get Excited

1,497 posts in this topic

Nope, I understand it. I basically did the first option, before the thing crashed on me. Thanks.

That game CRASHED? I haven't got any crashes in months(except betas of course).

This flippin' game! I've gotten nothing accomplished today because of it. I had to force myself to stop. I just had a vassal declare independence and if I started to fight that war... two more hours would probably disappear and then the g/f would kill me.

No crashes here in more than 100 hours, probably more hours if you count the time I played the demo and Ireland in offline mode.

Need more time - busy week at work..... :(

My second leader finally died. I suppose I should start writing an AAR now. ;)

I've had a couple crashes in all my time playing but I blame my laptop more than the game.

Yes you should

:woohoo::rockon::woohoo:

I've been having too much fun with the game to write. :D Besides, I had decided to wait until my second ruler died before writing and she reigned for 55 years.

That is exactly how I feel. Then I find out 40 years have past and I have 100 screenshots to write up

:doitnow!:

More Duke of Salerno adventures tonight (hopefully)

I had intended to continue last night, but I felt like death warmed up yesterday..... :(

I've just been too damn busy with being sick and then all of my job work this week.

The Norman conquest of Europe will continue soon, no doubt, though.

Man, that's messed up. I've been playing a game as a Welsh duke (soon to be king when I have enough piety) as I don't want to play my Irish queen until I catch up on the AAR. My current duke just had an affair with his daughter-in-law and they had a child together. :shame:

Man, that's messed up. I've been playing a game as a Welsh duke (soon to be king when I have enough piety) as I don't want to play my Irish queen until I catch up on the AAR. My current duke just had an affair with his daughter-in-law and they had a child together. :shame:

:rockon: Crusader Kings Rock n Roll :rockon:

We've all done things we're not too proud of.

I remember when my son murdered my 2-year-old nephew, which made me the heir to my brother's duchy. So I said, "Well, as long as you're in the neighborhood, why don't you take my brother out too?" So, he did.

Later my wife tried to kill me and, when I found her out, he ran back home to papa, the King of Poland. So I sent my son after her to kill his mother. Did he?? Nooooo, he revolted against me with the aid of my two living brothers. :shame:

Okay I have a couple questions that I hope someone can answer.

First, I'm playing as a Welsh king. I went to war with the king of England for a de jure claim on an Irish county I wanted. I won every SINGLE one of my battles, annihilating his armies, sieging three of his counties, etc. and no matter what I did every plus point to warscore ended up going away, back down to zero.

Second, after a couple of years of this the war ended, just boom, telling me that my war ended inconclusively, but giving me no information as to why my war ended.

The king of England is involved in several independence wars right now too and all of those are still going on, while mine got ended and not by me. The king still reigns too, plus he has been excommunicated the entire time, if either of those has any bearing.

Any ideas why either of these things happened?

Okay i figured out why my war ended abruptly. Apparently Thomond, the county i was trying to claim from England also owed fealty to the Duke of Cornwall. Cornwall decided to rise up against England for independence which bumped out my claim. So I attacked Cornwall and took his main county instead (which is de jure Welsh anyway). :D

:b:

Nice detective work!

Sometimes the web does indeed become tangled.

Okay i figured out why my war ended abruptly. Apparently Thomond, the county i was trying to claim from England also owed fealty to the Duke of Cornwall. Cornwall decided to rise up against England for independence which bumped out my claim. So I attacked Cornwall and took his main county instead (which is de jure Welsh anyway). :D

I was working on a reply to you saying it sounded like the county you tried to claim switched control to someone else.

As for the warscore problem, I know that in independence wars that the country trying to break free gets positive warscore just for being at war. I don't think that's the case here though. Did the capture something of yours? I'm thinking it could be a bug.

Nope, no English forces ever set foot in any of my lands. I won every war I was in (some 5 or so large battles) and successfully sieged three counties and was working on two more when Thomond changed hands and I was booted out. I had a 0% warscore, despite all those victories, and that had just gone up from -3% when I sieged a castle. I wasn't involved in a war of independence, just a du jure claim on Thomond.

As long as you don't control the contested county, the enemy gains warscore. Can that be it? In any case hovering over the number should give all modifiers.

Hmm, that could be it. I had to break off after hitting the castle and town in the first two counties to hunt down enemy armies. I had just gotten back to the first one when I was booted out by the Cornwall thing.

Right now I'm just hoping my stressed, ill leader can make it a few more years to turn the succession over to elective. My previous leader lived long enough that I didn't have an opportunity to train this leader's heir, or his spare. Both were trained by a bishop and ended up gluttonous, cruel and cynical, plus the heir is homosexual and was excommunicated right after he got to majority. Uh, yeah, this guy isn't exactly well-liked (especially by the church, who tutored him in the first place). Don't want to deal with that if I can avoid it. The eldest daughter I had a chance to train and she is turning out well. Looks like it's time to turn the Welsh over to a woman like I did in Ireland. ;)

Oh, and I swear I'll write more for my Ireland AAR soon. I started up the Welsh game because I wanted to play, but didn't want to get too far ahead of my AAR, but then I got sucked into my Welsh game and haven't written anymore for Ireland yet. ;)

Elective is dangerous. Personally I don't like it. Primogeniture all the way for me!