Alexander

Crusader Kings II: I'm Starting to Get Excited

1,497 posts in this topic

The youtube video in the OP is the worst promotional video I have ever seen!

Well, that was really aimed at existing Paradox fans, showcasing some new features (like the family tree) which are quite a big deal in light of how CK1 worked.

But yeah. Paradox is not known for making action thrillers. But that doesn't mean they don't make wicked awesome strategy games. :)

It didn't even show up on my radar until I read Alexanders AAR, via the link he posted in post #10!

Amazing the snowball effect that this game has had here at WPC!

Hehe, no kidding. When I read this, I thought to myself: "Well if my little AAR convinced a whole bunch of people to buy the game, maybe Paradox should cut me a little finder's fee or something."

And then I thought: "Oh yeah. They already did. $400 worth of games." :p

Hehe, no kidding. When I read this, I thought to myself: "Well if my little AAR convinced a whole bunch of people to buy the game, maybe Paradox should cut me a little finder's fee or something."

And then I thought: "Oh yeah. They already did. $400 worth of games." :p

:rofl:

Hmm, I running into something I'm not sure how I can handle it.

I have 1 daughter and 2 sons. The daughter would inherit nothing when I do. My eldest son inherits the duchy title and the corresponding county. My other son inherits the other counties. If I understand the succession laws correctly and I usurp the Meath Duchy title at sometime in the future, my second son would inherit that as well and after my death there would once again be two duchies... How do I prevent this?? I want my eldest son to inherit it all!

Do you think it's wise to go to Primogeniture law as soon as I can?

Edit: as I just got syphilis I might not rule for 10 years... what else can I do to keep the titles a bit together?

Edited by donald23

ALWAYS go for primo ASAP.:) If you have gavelkind, it will be divided and the only solution is to wait with that second duchy.

Btw, how much gold are you guys getting in your games? In the late 1200s, I had ca 24 gold per month pouring in, but after I used those coins to build up my demesne and to build some extra cities and temples, I'm at 42 gold per month a mere 20-30 year later.:D

This is my Denmark, in case anyone is interested.:)

ck2_71.jpg

This is my Denmark, in case anyone is interested.:)

Huh. Superpowers of Denmark, Russia, Sweden, France, and Croatia. Very different game!

When you take screenshots, where do they go??

F11 --> file in documents\paradox interactive\crusader kings ii\screenshots. This can be alterered, but then it needs to be done manually by you.:)

When you take screenshots, where do they go??

If you have the Steam version, you can find them in the screenshot library under the game entry (there's a button called "Show on Disk" to go to their actual location on your disk).

As for the actual location on the disk, for me it's c:\\Program Files\Steam\userdata\########\###\remote\####\screenshots\

(where # represents digits in what I assume must be user profile numbers... but I really don't know what those numbers mean)

F11 --> file in documents\paradox interactive\crusader kings ii\screenshots. This can be alterered, but then it needs to be done manually by you.:)

For me, F12 is for taking screen shots. Maybe it varies?

Huh. Superpowers of Denmark, Russia, Sweden, France, and Croatia. Very different game!

Well, Denmark-Lituania (me) became Denmark-Lithuania-Poland after I won the Lollard Crusade for Poland.

It's been a fun game. Russia was almost twice the size before the Mongols came in the middle of a long civil war, where I took over some border provinces. Soon I'll inherit the north, but I'm wary I will get into trouble. My son and grandson is Orthodox...! Beware to marry into Russia I tells you.;)

Sweden is thankfully no threat, we've never been to war. Croatia-Hungary has been the most stable kingdom besides me. France and the HRE is constantly in civil wars, but as you can see, France does well for itself in the long term. The HRE has had so many rebellions several countries are independent. (and I've begun to do some inroads...;)) Mauritania is Christian btw, the kingdom was crusade target and Sweden got it. But when a queen took over in Sweden proper, a relative got Mauritania. Sicily is barely holding on to the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but without Jerusalem itself, which the Muslims took back.

For me, F12 is for taking screen shots. Maybe it varies?

I've never, ever, heard of someone who don't use F11. Perhaps you don't have Steam? Is the GG version using another key?

I've got Steam and it told me to use f12. I made a desktop shortcut to the location Arnelos refers to in post 262.

Protip: Don't get an Orthodox ruler for a fully Catholic realm if you can help it. It almost cost me my kingdom, almost 90% of the realm went into rebellion and only my huge, now nonexistent, treasury and some knives saved me. And post rebellion I realized my income had gone from 42 gold per month to 24 because of the different religion maluses. :( Now I'm into slowly converting my realm. I have too many heirs already orthodox. Darn.

Loved CK 1 too here, but $40 is too steep for me right now for CK2 :( (try to keep games under $20 these days and/or 50-75% off sales).I'll have to live with the demo for a while I guess.
Impulse have it for -50% now, according to the following thread. But it also seems it only is discounted in some countries. It's not for me. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?602924-CK2-DLC-are-50-off

Loved CK 1 too here, but $40 is too steep for me right now for CK2 :( (try to keep games under $20 these days and/or 50-75% off sales).

I'll have to live with the demo for a while I guess.

Guess my "for a while" was a whole 4 days lol.

Protip: Don't get an Orthodox ruler for a fully Catholic realm if you can help it. It almost cost me my kingdom, almost 90% of the realm went into rebellion and only my huge, now nonexistent, treasury and some knives saved me. And post rebellion I realized my income had gone from 42 gold per month to 24 because of the different religion maluses. :( Now I'm into slowly converting my realm. I have too many heirs already orthodox. Darn.

Ouch. That's a painful lesson to learn.

Guess my "for a while" was a whole 4 days lol.
:b:

Protip: Don't get an Orthodox ruler for a fully Catholic realm if you can help it.

Do I even what to know how that happened?? Medievalites took their religion very seriously. I learned your lesson less painfully with Apulia. Apulia starts off half-Catholic and half-Orthodox, but there's a natural tendency to expand into Sicily, and so then it's 1/3 Catholic, 1/3 Orthodox, and 1/3 Muslim. :dizzy:

Okay so I've seen this game take over the subforum and finally decided to read this thread. This game looks like fun. Already downloaded the demo and will probably play it tonight. Don't know how soon I can put this into the budget if I like it though. :(

:woohoo:

Sell the house. Sell the car. Sell the kids. Do anything you can! ;)

The demo should be able to keep you entertained for a while (see the trick posted earlier to play as anyone), it's also 50% off at the moment (see post 269). You won't regret the purchase!