Green1

Mandatory Retirement Year

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there is a way to make it to where there is no set date where you have to retire. I have checked the starting options, and do not see anything anywhere.

I have googled, and all I see are ancient threads complaining about it, but no solutions.

I do realize why it was put in there in for scoring purposes back in the day, but I doubt anyone really cares about stuff like that at his point.

Sometimes, the allotted time just is not enough when you have many more centuries of smack down to lay.

Green1, you can change the retirement year in the Scenario Editor. it shouldn't be a problem since you don't care about the score anyway..

You also can edit two lines in alpha(x).txt to extend the ending year. Here's what I have:

3100 ; Normal ending year for lowest 3 difficulty levels

3100 ; Normal ending year for highest 3 difficulty levels

I think altering the alpha(x).txt file is going to be the way to go.

As far as the scenario editor, I have never really messed with many scenario editors of many games other than that one time I was doing Civ 4 and unleashed modern armor in ancient times just for laughs. Nor have I ever tried designing maps other than onetime I tried with Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic for a friend and I that never materialized (and the map really was amateur and bland to put mildly) I still want to explore and seeing the map would kind of ruin it for me.

Thanks for the help. I will now zone out tonight for a date with the faction leaders of SMAX with no retirement if I can find where the lines are in the file.

good luck with that!