chuft

halp

14 posts in this topic

Well I just got Civ IV Complete from Amazon. Includes Civ IV, Warlords, Beyond the Sword, and Colonization. In a few weeks I should have some time to invest in it as I will be between semesters.

Where should I start? Some games are better if played in series, others are just improved by their expansions and it is better to start with the mega combined package from the beginning.

Would you recommend just starting with Civ IV and playing that for awhile before installing one or both of the expansions, to learn the system? Or is it just a better game with both expansions installed, to the point that no one should ever play Civ IV vanilla any more?

Or should I start with Colonization?

Looking for a way to ease into the pool without having to read endless manual pages first.

My serious recommendation:

Civ IV BtS.

Everything in Warlords is in BtS.

BtS is the best version.

Patch it to 3.19 and enjoy.

Colonisation sucks donkey balls IMHO.

Completely agreed with Nugog.

This sums it up better though: :stupid:

:cute:

Civ4 BtS and join us PBEM crowd as soon as you got the basics. We'll finish you off... erm... I mean your training... :cute:

I generally don't play games competitively. Computer games are much faster solo, and more relaxing as well.

Even more reason to play BtS - the AI is much better than Warlords.

It has hotseat too, so you can even play all sides yourself. ;)

Wargames thread!!!??? I missed that entirely.

And :b: to what Nugog and the other said above. Bts is a great game. Not perfect - but close.

Beta, do yourself a favour and check out this thread too. I'll be revisiting this game again when winter sets in soon, if you're up for a two year plus PBEM..... ;)

:lol:

It's not what he's done, it's what he's about to do! Eh Beta...... ;)