[PBEM] Weird Rob and the Nutso Four

788 posts in this topic

Turn order:

- Weird Rob: Charlemagne

- Mad Harovan: Sitting Bull

- Insane Donald: Tokugawa

- Crazy Fed: Hatshepsut

- Cruel Kloreep: Boudica

Settings: Toroidal Highlands; normal map; no AI; noble difficulty; always war; raging barbs; choose your own nation; no tech brokering

weird_eyes.jpg

Edited by Rhoth

This game now sounds nutso indeed. Excellent. :b:

I think I'll stick with what I sortof-know and go for Boudica.

Kublai Khan looks like he'd do well in this too, though. All yours if you want him, Rob. :)

Looks like you guys are ready once Rob decides on a nation. :b:

Please tell me that is photoshopped!!

Give me 10 mins to think about a leader - a cup of tea always helps the creative juices.....

Looks like that cuppa was worth savouring.

I was really tempted to go with KK or GK, but the choice seemed too obvious, so I'm going to give Charlemagne a go instead!

I found it on Google Images. It was the first picture shown when I typed in "weird". :D

And looks like you guys can get your game going now.

Off to Harovan!

Good luck gents!

BTW, I set mountain pattern and mountain density to random, everything else as above.

And thanks Rhoth for your efforts setting these up!

I don't care what Beta says, you're not COMPLETELY useless!! ;)

Thbbt :p

BTW, you should probably do something with the admin password so that you don't forget it. I usually stick it in the first post so that everyone knows it in case the admin gets booted early or bails on the game.

To Insane Donald.

By the way, not sure how Always War works, is everyone at war from the start or must we introduce a rule to declare as we meet?

I tested on a duel hotseat game and humans go to war automatically on meeting.

I need Fed's e-mail, untill then I can't send the save :)

To Kloreep.

I did not find the option to send the save in-game (usually comes automatically); can someone please enlight me?

Maybe you have to fill in some details first. When in the next save game, go to the menu (little computer, right uppercorner, next to the civilopedia) and near the bottom is "Your Details". Maybe that's necessary?

Huh, you see new bugs every day. The game started paused the first time I loaded it. Turn button was still green, unit selection circle was still green, but it said "paused by Boudica" as if I'd taken my turn and I couldn't move and didn't get unit context buttons.

Anyhow, reloading fixed that, so whatever. 3960 BC to Rob.

To Kloreep.

I did not find the option to send the save in-game (usually comes automatically); can someone please enlight me?

I think it may not appear until the person ahead of you has entered their e-mail. I put it in, so see if it shows up the next time.

No, it should appear as I 'could' have sent to Harovan via ingame option on my first turn. That is, if I'd chosen my current service provider and not one I left a year ago......

Obviously needed two cups of tea before starting game!

Ingame save to Harovan.....

I did see a "send" button in this PBEM, which I attributed to Rob having already put his address in. (Even though I had not entered a SMTP server.)

I just restarted the Sailors PBEM, so I had a chance to check this out. Again, I didn't have a SMTP server entered for myself, although I did have my e-mail entered once again. I did not enter an e-mail for the next player, though. As I expected, I got no "send" option like I did in this PBEM.

Rob, you're sure you didn't enter Harovan's address for him when you set up the game?

Yup, sure. I thought about changing everyone's name and adding emails at setup, but thought better of it.

To the insane one.

Fed, if you want (we all did so), change your leader name to "Crazy Fed". You can do so in the window, that pops up by pressing Alt-D.

And on to Crazy Fed!

On the e-mail matter: after testing with a testers pbem: I got the ingame mailer window when I put a smtp server in my details (I believe found with alt+D)

Fed, check your other games for the smtp details you need (usually smtp.internetserviceprovider.com (or whatever it is in Portugal)), then put them and your own email details in the Alt+D window

Once you click end turn you will then need to put Kloreep's email address in the top field of the box that appears when you hit end turn.

You may also need other smtp details at this stage, depending on you service provider, but I've no idea about this (don't need them in NZ) so can't help you here, but they will be the same, if any, as your other email games.

Then click the 'OK' button

Good luck! :)

To Kloreep.

And I got to input my details to try and send ingame; just need now Kloreep's provider. Thanks.

? My e-mail should be in there, and that's all it needs.

3920 BC to Rob