Beta

[Pitboss] Hyperion

1,381 posts in this topic

Welcome to Hyperion. A massive continent. Home to eight fledgling civilizations, only one of which will make the final ascent to glory.

hyperionh.jpg

IP Address

betahost.dnsdojo.com

There is no game password.

Players and Civilizations

Make sure you pick the right civ when you sign in, and set a password.

Player 1. Zoid - Suryavarman - Khmer

Player 2. Nugog - Darius - Persia

Player 3. Beta - Hatshepsut - Egypt

Player 4. RobW - Justinian - Byzantium

Player 5. fed1943 - Ghengis Khan - Mongolia

Player 6. Rhothaerill - Montezuma - Aztecs

Player 7. Wittlich - Mehmed - Ottomans

Player 8. Strudo - Huayna Capac - Incas

Settings

Large map

Pangaea

Low coast line

Noble

48hr turn timer on pitboss (simultaneous moves)

No AI's

No tech brokering

Choose religions

All other settings normal/default

All victory conditions enabled

Double Move Rule

No using a double move (ie playing late in one turn and early in the next) when declaring war.

During war, the players involved will agree to who plays first and who plays second during the turn to avoid any double moves. The first player must play his turn within the first 24 hours of the turn, otherwise the second player can go ahead and play. In this case the turn positions are now reversed.

In all cases, please be honourable, and stay in touch with each other to avoid misunderstandings.

Strength and honor, to all!

kingarthuri.jpg

Montezuma? Hmmm...

leers evilly... :devil:

:slap::stickpoke::gunsmilie::starwars::tank::mushroom:

:1st::whistle:

:b:

In with no issues, turn played.

Come on everybody!

Also:

Player 6. Rhothaerill - Montezuma - Aztecs

You sure this was random.................................

:cute:

Yep - all random. Strudo won the jackpot with the Incas. Unless of course he is parked next to our resident warmonger.

HC does have nice traits combo.

Darius at least has FIN - Org is pretty weak though.

And with no tech brokering, financial means a bit more. A number of religious civs, which should be interesting. And yes, a couple of aggressive ones.

Oooops!

Timing out here!!! :(

No worries, got in this time!!

Yep. I can see that. :b:

I will be around for most of the next 8 hours or so if people have problems getting in. Once we get past the first turn we should be good.

Which reminds me ...we should set the game up on Play Your Turn - the turn tracking facility. Let me look into into.

How are we going to know when the turn is up?

Is it a case of last person to play the turn posts here that a new turn is up, or what??

{EDIT} Just read Beta's previous post......

I am currently at work. I will do my move when I get home tonight. :b:

"Who needs Civ 5" was a better title imo... :slap:

;)

Excellent!

And now some more good news. Your technically inept friend Beta has managed to get Play Your Turn working. :) Sometimes I surprise even myself. btw - Witt, who was one of the first people I met when I started playing civ on-line can attest to my early technical ineptness.

So - the game can be found on PYT here...

http://www.playyourturn.com/?page_id=17&gameID=201

I have set every players password to "Hyperion". I gather you can go in and change that.

One thing you will note with PYT if you leave it open - the turn timer will count down and match closely to the game, but if players log in and out and finish their turns, the PYT screen will not reflect it until you hit refresh/reload on windows view. Hitting refresh/reload also synchronizes the PYT time with the actual game time.

Erm - why does PYT say one of the game options is "No Tech Trading"?

That's because Beta clicked the wrong option. It should have been "No Technology Brokering". ;) I assume we'll be restarting this game. Shame since I had a decent start. My luck I'll probably get a crap start next time.

And a question since I've never used Play your Turn: how do you log in to a specific game? I've created an account, but I can't find anywhere to add the password to add it to the "my games" section.

That's because Beta clicked the wrong option. It should have been "No Technology Brokering". ;) I assume we'll be restarting this game. Shame since I had a decent start. My luck I'll probably get a crap start next time.

:wall: I really hope not - I am very pleased with my start.

And a question since I've never used Play your Turn: how do you log in to a specific game? I've created an account, but I can't find anywhere to add the password to add it to the "my games" section.

:dunno:

No - the game is fine. :relief:

If you check in the settings under the victory conditions, you will see it says no tech brokering. When I was setting up PYT, it asks for the settings and I clicked the wrong box there. Trying to figure out how to change it.

That was simple. It is now fixed on PYT. :)

I have a pretty bland start from what I can tell. I should have let you talk me into restarting. :(

No - the game is fine. :relief:

If you check in the settings under the victory conditions, you will see it says no tech brokering. When I was setting up PYT, it asks for the settings and I clicked the wrong box there. Trying to figure out how to change it.

:b:

I have a pretty bland start from what I can tell.

:b::D

Ah hah, I've figured it out. You have to click the little hand icon.

Hmm - I wonder why it has me with 0 score as I settled in place..........

:dunno:

Played my turn - we are now just waiting on Fed to do his to finish-up the 1st turn. :b: :nod: