Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Petek

Apolyton SMACX Archives Will Disappear

36 posts in this topic

The annoying thing is that this is a really inefficient way to handle the problem, but I don't have the time to implement a better solution right now*. Quite frustrating.

* I think it would take me about a week to develop the software (less if I was familiar with the libraries I'd need to use, but I haven't done any web stuff in java yet). The actual logic of the operation would be very simple.

Here's hoping the trawler does better this time and finishes before the server goes offline.

Thanks, BU :)

I don't know if you were commenting on this, but that last post of mine may have seemed slightly arrogant. I'm not saying I'm a better programmer than whoever made HTTrack (the SW I'm using), just that their software isn't particularly well suited to the task I'm using it for.

I wasn't, but you get to be a little arrogant.

Your power is max. :D

:'( Apparently not. The new backup suffers from the same problems. I'll not have enough time to solve this before the website goes down. On the plus side, we have all the backups made by Dan and Petek still and the backup I made does allow you access to quite a lot of the site.

I noticed mozilla scrapbook seems to be able to record only 10000 files. Maybe this is the problem.

Draz is using Httrack to mirror the site. ;)

Thanks for your hard work.

I hope your backup contain the files I'm interested in. My own efforts fell short.

While browsing some threads on another forum, I discovered that someone saved and uploaded all the Apolyton archives, including those for SMAC. The result may be found here. The formatting of the posts isn't great, but they can be read. It also should be possible to search the archives using Google's advanced search and specifying codehappy.net for "search within a site or domain."

Apolyton restored their archive files (including those for SMACX), this after we all thought they had been lost. You may find them at the bottom of their main forum page. After some brief tests, it seems that the archived attachments and links also work again. Minute Mirage's library of links to SMACX discussions also now works.